Chapter 1: Lyssa

When the girl arrived at school, all heads turned in her direction. Her shining blue eyes were as clear as a cloudfree summer sky, her dark blue hair tied in long pigtails is falling gracefully on her shoulders, her earrings reflect the sunlight like two little moons attached to her ears and the smile she offered to the crowd of students would have lit up the entire school like a golden sunbeam if human anatomy allowed it. Anyone graced by her presence would have felt blessed, unable to peel their eyes off the breathtaking girl.

Another girl joined her, but no one noticeed her. With her tan skin colour and brown hair, if she could have been rewarded as pretty when standing alone, she was nothing in comparison to her friend. It didn't seem to bother her as she joyfully took the hand of the bluenette and lead her in the school, satisfied by the reactions they were provoking.

She glanced at a blond boy with emerald green eyes, making sure that he was admiring her friend too, and a smirk grew on her mouth at the sight of his stunned expression. She didn't try to surpress it. Everything was going according to her plan.

A boy with brown skin, his dark hair covered by a red cap and earphones around his neck nudged the blond one on the side, pulling him out of his stare.

"You're drooling." he joked.

His friend hastily wiped his lips with the back of his hand and stared at it, disillusioned. He let his hand fall and glared at the laughing boy.

"Haha. Very funny, Nino." His eyes wandered again behind the two girls, especially one of them. "More seriously, have you seen her? I feel like I've seen her somewhere before, but I can't put my finger on it. Who is it?"

"I dunno, man, but one thing's sure: if don't move now, we'll be late for class." Nino answered.

With a perfect timing, the bell rang and the blond teenager sighed.

"Okay. Let's go."

They climbed up the stairs leading to their classroom and entered right as their litteralture teacher, a tall woman with ginger hair, turquoise eyes and a warm smile named Miss Bustier, made an announcement.

"All right class, sit down, please."

They obeyed, noticing a figure hiding behind the teacher. Nino leaned over to his friend, grinning.

"Is that who I think it is?" he asked.

"Who you think it is or who you hope it is?" the blond boy questionned.

"Not for me, dude. I already have Alya, and she's better than any other girl."

"Thanks for the compliment." a voice behind them butted in the conversation.

They turned around to see the owner of the voice. Nino's eyes lit up at her sight and she smiled. If their friend was a hint jealous of their relationship, he was mostly pleased to see them happy together. One day, his Lady would realise that they are meant for each other, too.

"Hey, Als!" Nino greeted her. "But where's Marinette?"

The eyes of the three turned to the empty seat next to Alya. Before she answered, Miss Bustier called again for their attention.

"A new student is joining us starting today. Please welcome her with your usual enthusiasm." She then turned around to see that the girl was still behind her and signaled her to step forward. "Do you want to introduce yourself?"

"Uh, sure..." the beautiful girl agreed and smiled at the class. "Hello everyone. My name is Lyssa Masqué, it's a pleasure to meet you. I've already lived in Paris for some time, but I was in another school placed at the border of Paris, so I changed for practical and personal reasons. Lila was the one who recommended this school, so here I am."