twenty four.

"Adapted to these modelsWho's adapted to the bottleThey take it down like waterJust to burn away their sorrows"

Who's adapted to the bottle
They take it down like water
Just to burn away their sorrows"

Kayla's pov:

Nessa, Imani and I walk up to the door, me being the brave one, I knock it three times. Vinnie opens the door and we make brief eye contact before I break the silence.

"Is Jack here?" I say looking behind him.

"Yeah he's in the back, you want me to take you to him?" He replies.

"No, I'm good" I say pushing past him.

I gesture for Imani and Nessa to follow me as we head into the kitchen.

"I'm going to need at-least 20 shots to survive tonight" I say picking up the vodka bottle.

"Pour some for us too" Imani says giggling.

I pour a double shot for me while pouring them regular shots.

"Cheers" I say smiling.

We raise our glasses up and take them down.

"Fuck that was nasty" Nessa says making a disgusted face.

"You guys good by yourself? I want to go find Jack" I say chuckling.

"You're good sis, I'm bout to find me a bad bitch and Nessa here is going to be my wingman" Imani says as she pets Nessa on the shoulder.

I pour another double shot and down it shivering before waving my goodbyes to them. I walk around the house seeing some familiar faces from Tiktok and Instagram, saying hi to some of them as I pass. After about 5 minutes of trying to navigate this big ass house I finally find Jack in the basement on the sofa, I wave then walk over to sit beside him.

"Hey Jack, we've never spoken before why'd you invite me?" I say.

"I really wanted you to hear Vinnie out, I know you probably think he's a bad person but he isn't" he says leaning back.

"You're funny, why would I care, we went on one date?"

"I know you like him, I can tell by how you're getting flustered talking about him" he says grinning.

"Is that all Jack?"

"Precisely"

"Okay, well I'm going back into the living room."

"Have fun Kayla, make sure to talk to Vinnie"

"Yeah, whatever"

I walk up the stairs back into the living room, I walk into the kitchen pouring myself another double shot and downing it like it's nothing. I wipe my mouth off, scanning the room before I see this guy walking up to me.

"You might want to slow down on these pretty, I saw you earlier" he says looking me up and down.

"Why do you care?" I say slurring my words.

"Don't want to see you too fucked up you know?" he retorts.

"Well thanks but I'm good" I say turning away.

"Okay well, what's your number?"

As i was about to answer I see Vinnie walking over, oh great.

"Kenan, I see you've met my girl; Kayla" Vinnie says putting his arm around me.

"I am not your girl, matter fact your girl is probably somewhere in this party" I say pushing his hand off me.

"Oh, I see how it is bro" Kenan says shrugging his shoulder and walking off.

"Come with me" Vinnie says pulling my arm.

"Nigga you're the last person I'm going somewhere with" I say pulling my arm from his grip.

"You're making me do this" He says proceeding to pick me up.

"Vincent Hacker put me fucking down, right this second" I scream.

He takes me up the stairs and into this bedroom and locks the door, ok not weird and peverty in a way.

"What do you want from me sir?" I mumble sitting on the opposite side of the bed.

"We need to talk"

"About what?"

"Why you've been ignoring and avoiding me"

"You have a girlfriend"

"You see, about that"

"What about it?"

"It's just a pr relationship Kayla."

"Well now I feel stupid"

"Well you would've have felt that way if you allowed me to explain myself"

"Vinnie we went on one date, I'm still leaving" I say getting up and walking to the door.

He follows me placing his hand on the door blocking me from leaving.

"What else do you want sir?" I say sighing.

"You."

He places his hand over me still holding the door in place. His body was so close to mine I could smell his cologne, I relentlessly gave in pulling his face towards mine crashing my lips into his.

My heart was beating like a fucking drum, his lips felt like I entered heaven itself. He parted his lips slightly and as soon as he did I took the chance to allow my tongue to softly enter into his mouth. He picked me up and walked over to the bed softly placing me before getting on top of me, what the fuck did I get myself into.

an

idk if I want to write smut bc I do not know how Vinnie feels about it and I know a lot of Vinnie books don't include it, so maybe I'll try to do research on how he feels about and decide from there.