Lydia is sitting in the front row of seats, situated between Henry and.. Judith. Jesus, She's grown so much. I realize Shane might be her father, but the way she holds herself, even now, she's a Grimes through and through.

"Vanessa!"The King's big voice bounces off the walls, a giant grin painting his handsome face. "I've been looking for you." I drag my shocked face back to the man that saved me. "I'm glad you finally joined us." Right, he wanted me to mingle with his... our guests. The Kingdom has been my home away from my home for six long years.

"Sorry," I mumble, awkwardly glancing at my feet, feeling like I had failed him for a moment.

In the blink of an eye, the wind is knocked out of my lungs while little arms wrap around my middle after throwing itself into me. My eyes grow wide, seeing Judith's little frame wrapping around mine. "Aunt Vanessa!" She exclaims in a childlike excitement. My heart swells at the innocence of the moment.

"You remember me?" I breathe out, mouth falling agape.

"You took good care of my brother. He loved you the way I love my mom," she gestures to Michonne before turning to face Daryl, "you finally brought her home. Now you don't have to be sad anymore!"

Daryl smiles, nodding. He returns his own concerned gaze on me; I note that his body language seems somewhat lighter. After Judith returns to her seat next to Lydia, I follow Michonne onto the stage. From my understanding she called the meeting of the leaders, and I was requested to join. I'm unsure why; I've been dead for six years. I can't seem to wrap my head around the fact that it seems like everything returned to right where we all left it all that time ago. But I'm not who these people remember.

I lower myself down in the chair next to the brown table in the middle of the stage. I cross my legs, folding my hands onto my lap, quietly observing everyone around me. The King and his wife stand at my back while Michonne stands next to Daryl on the other side of the stage. Ezekiel sets his hand on my shoulder. I glance back, a question behind his eyes. I wave my hand dismissively. He knows exactly what happened. He's seen it for himself time and time again while we grew close through the years. However, I've never had an out of body experience like the one I had moments ago.

"I know I haven't always seen eye-to-eye with everyone in this room." Michonne begins, "but I never stopped caring about any of you. I was just trying to protect my family and do right by my people. Alexandria's future is here. Together, with you. And we lost sight of that for a while. But I'm here now. We're here now."

I remember Rosita mentioning that Michonne had shut down Alexandria from not only newcomers, but the other communities, too, after someone from her own past showed up at the gates. From my understanding, she stole the children away during one night. The lady had the children in her group torture and attempt to kill her and Daryl. Michonne had killed the murderous kids to try and bring the ones that belong to us home. I mean, I don't blame her. I would stop at nothing if Caroline and Kellin were involved. I would've set the world ablaze in my search, leaving no one alive. I chew on my lip, glancing at Daryl's new scar. I wonder if that was the cause.

"I've taken an informal vote with the other council members at the fair, and we all agree. Alexandria is willing to grant asylum to Lydia. She's one of us now. We hope the rest of you can join us in doing the same." Father Gabriel adds, searching each of our faces.

My sight zeros in on Lydia sharing a smile with Henry, intertwining their hands, relief washing over both of them. I glance away at the innocent moment between the two teenagers. "Thank you. I'll do whatever I can to earn my keep and pay you back." Lydia offers to the leaders of Alexandria.

The Woman at The End of The World. (Daryl Dixon)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara