"I have exams coming soon so I might need to head back." I tell her.

Huge lie.

"Oh okay." my mum says, her eyes filling with sorrow.

"Anoushka." my dad speaks for the first time, surprising both me and my mum. 

"Yes."

"We have a box of baklava for you to take to the neighbours."

My lips parts. "I can't."

I haven't been to their house since Isabella went missing. I don't even think any of them forgive me. I was a suspect in their daughter's disappearance. My dad was setting me up.

"Said who?" he finally drops the newspaper to look at me. More like glare at me.

"Said me."

He glares harder."Then go back to school. I don't want you here." he snarls.

"Gladly." I sweetly smile.

I turn to my mum, who was watching us with teary eyes. "It was nice seeing you mum."

Although she treated me shit, I didn't have the heart to be that rude to her. 

She follows me to the door. "Anoushka. Please for me. Take those sweets to our neighbour on your way out."

I let out an irritated sigh. "Okay fine. I will." 

She will not stop hassling me if I don't.

I grab the box of sweets and once I reach my car door. I place the box of treats on top of my car as I change my uniform back to what it was before. I roll my skirt back up, took my long, thick hair down from the ponytail. One thing I'm grateful for from my parents is their amazing Asian genetics. Thick, long hair. My hair was my pride and joy. I absolutely loved it.

I grab the box and strode towards my neighbour's house. Inhaling a sharp breath, I knock once...twice.

The door opens in less than a second. I expect to see Aspen or even Daniel, but I was surprised to see Creighton. Isabella's stepbrother. Creighton and I used to be good friends but when his younger siblings died we drifted. Isabella's disappearance was the icing on top.

"Isn't this a pleasant surprise?" he drawls out.

"I wish I could say the same." I reply, tilting my head to the side.

He chuckles. "Aren't you supposed to be at that boarding school?"

"Aren't you?" I retort.

Creighton also attended the same boarding school as me but he was in a separate area. Probably because he was a boy. The teachers pretty much did everything in their power to make sure no boy or girl lived close together. Probably in an attempt to avoid any unwanted pregnancies.

"Suspended for a week." he simply replies.

I heard about that. He got into a fight last week.

I eye his face for a second. He didn't have any noticeable bruises. "That's what happens when you get into a fight."

He touches his heart. "I'm honoured you notice what I do every now and then. Here's me thinking you forgot I even existed."

I roll my eyes.

"Oh I did forget you existed for a while. It's difficult to forget the person who fought my ex?"

He chuckles. "I'm glad I'm unforgettable in that way."

I never ever found out why they fought. "Why did you fight him?" I ask.

He shrugs. "Felt like it."

"You can't beat some up because you felt like it." I say, shooting him an unimpressed look.