6 ¦ Jealousy

"Do you need pity?"

"It's all right. I can feel sorry for myself," I returned with skillful composure. Inwardly, I seethed, aware that if you knew, you could probably tell I was getting beastly on my ovaries from their fussing around.

"Good, because wouldn't have given you one." He rummaged around in his pants pocket and took out a pack of cigarettes. As if it were pure routine, he put a crabber between his lips and brushed back the black hair that fell into his forehead as he stowed his cigarette pack.

Not wanting to focus on Heeseung and Aleyshia at all, I focused on my counterpart. Stroking his hair back, I noticed that he had several moles and freckles on his forehead and face in general. Looking at his eyelashes made me envious and eventually I averted my eyes from him again.

The fact that he smoked pretty much went right up my ass. Unfortunately, I couldn't help it and glanced briefly at the couple in love as I felt sick. Realizing that number 81 saw me, I tried to control the jealousy.

"You're very obvious..." this one merely stated, however, as he exhaled smoke. "You're pretty annoying...", I countered, rubbing my temples.

"You know. If I were you, I wouldn't do that to myself." Since his advice was truly incredible, I clapped my hands in mock fascination. "You know. If I were you, I'd assume I already know that myself."

A playful smirk graced his lips, which, just by the way, also showed off a birthmark or two. His inexplicably pleased aura radiated off me, and I smiled briefly at the floor when I perceived Heeseung's voice.

"Estela?" I turned to him and when he caught sight of me, he came toward me. Without Aleyshia. "Where is she?" was the first thing I uttered, and inwardly I hoped that she would come across the owner's dogs.

My crush stood next to me and looked suspiciously at number 81 for a moment. "In the restroom. Do you two know each other?" Confused, he pointed at me and the black-haired man.

I shook my head and looked to him. "Not really, but someone has to give her some attention when her best friend leaves her completely hanging." Number 81 pointed at Aleyshia, who came back and raised an eyebrow mischievously, looking quite provocative.

I hadn't expected him to say that, and inside I was starting to tingle. Why had he done that? That was embarrassing!

Heeseung looked down at me with wide eyes, waiting for a reaction from me. "Am I neglecting you that much?" I shrugged, for I was not prepared for such a conversation. "No- well I mean, it's understandable that you want to spend your time with Aleyshia. It doesn't really bother me."

I spied the shake of number 81's head and nervously rubbed my hands on my thighs. Heeseung wasn't sure if I was telling the truth, since the brown-eyed man's statement had gotten under his skin quite a bit.

I could understand him. The deep, raspy voice mixed with a certain emphasis was quite irritating.

"I'm sorry it may have come across that way. I shouldn't drop my best friend. You know you mean a lot to me." With those words, he pulled me to his chest, but then was nudged by Aleyshia.

He startled, which even made me smile in part. At the look she gave him, he let go of me and turned to her.

The warmth that had emanated from him left me and my face fell as my enemy put her arms around Heeseung's neck and reached up to him. Within seconds, my best friend had forgotten about me and I felt certain disappointment.

"He's completely fucked," I heard number 81 mutter. "She blinks and he almost goes down on his knees." Even though I was offended by this sight, I couldn't stop a quiet laugh when I heard Number 81's statement.

Dropping the cigarette to the ground, he rubbed it out with his motocross shoes. "I told you before, but don't waste your time on him."

I swallowed. "That's easier said than done," I countered rather glumly. The moods were being swallowed up by the dirt beneath our feet and my counterpart seemed to notice that. That's exactly why he changed the subject.

"Estela..." He let my name melt on his tongue and I tensed when I could pick out a Spanish accent. "Italian?" Curious, he looked down at me and his eyebrows jumped once briefly as he waited for my answer.

I shook my head. "Well half yes but still half Spanish." Number 81 blinked at me kindly and straightened up. His back straightened and his chest lifted. He breathed in and out loudly and played with the keys to his bike.

"I'm Jake."

I nodded and was about to answer him when the voices of his teammates grew louder, indicating they were going to continue training. "See you around," came from him as he pushed past me. His side touched mine and dumbfounded, I stopped. Why so friendly?

I shook my head and then joined Aleyshia, who had been waiting for me. She smiled overjoyed and rubbed her hands contentedly.

"It's totally great here. I think I'll be coming here more often." "Great." My voice went up a bit, but my face reached the depth of my current notes.

I ignored Aleyshia's ramblings and looked to Jake, who was putting on his helmet and already on the bike. His gaze bored into mine and caught, I looked to Aleyshia who was ogling her boyfriend, or almost boyfriend.

TimeSkip:

"I'll drive Aleyshia home, okay?" Heeseung looked at me sweetly and held her hand at the same time. I merely nodded, because I had already expected that. Then I guess I would go to the tramway stop now.

Why Aleyshia and I had to come by tramway at all, I could only explain that Heeseung had probably come earlier by car, since he had to do something himself.

Now, however... Now dear Aleyshia had room and I would go home alone. It didn't really bother me and I was just about to connect my headphones to my cell phone when my new acquaintance appeared next to me.

Somewhat confused, I eyed his stature as he kept his eyes on his phone and he must have noticed my stare because he lifted his head.

"No car?" "Yes, there is. But my mom took away my keys." I couldn't help it and laughed softly at him. He didn't mind at all that I was laughing at his situation, and with a mechanical motion he let his phone slide back into his pants pocket.

By now he was wearing his everyday clothes again, but you could tell he had been exercising earlier because his hair was sticking up tangled from his head and he generally looked a bit exhausted.

"What about you?" "Can't afford it." "Don't your parents help you?" "What parents?" At these words, his jaw tightened as he realized he had brought up something I wasn't really comfortable with.

I noticed this and waved it off. "Not so bad. Couldn't have known, but I live with my grandmother." His expression relaxed again and the tramway stopped in front of us. Jake let me go first and then sat down next to me.

"How long have you known Heeseung?" "Since he joined the team, and last year I had transferred to his class." "You were in another class earlier?" Number 81 nodded and played with his zipper of his thin jacket.

"I was in class with Aleyshia," it came from him then again and our eyes met. "She's not as cute as she pretends to be." This came out of nowhere and I waited for my seatmate to continue talking.

"She's going to drop him. I don't know when, but she will. Whether you pick him up then will be your decision. It would be your chance."

"Why are you telling me this?" The black-haired one shrugged. "You're in love with him, and Heeseung is my teammate. But since I know he won't listen to me, I'll just let him feel it himself." Briefly, he paused. "And you seem a lot better than Aleyshia."

A/N: So we do know now, who this mysterious nr. 81 is... *evil grin*