Chapter 36 - Ciel... on a Throne?

Start from the beginning

Insects. Just like the ant-shaped shadows, but these insects were just insects. There was nothing impressive about them apart from their huge size and the vast range of species of insects.

Even just by seeing this, multiple people fainted. They were then quickly taken care of by the insects who they couldn't fend off in time.

Seeing comrades being torn to pieces, this triggered someone in the team and he ran into the crowd.

"HEY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING." A muted-yellow haired woman shouted, but the person didn't listen and just rushed in there.

She was about to give chase, which was a stupid decision, but Sung Jinwoo stopped her.

Then she looked up and saw a massive explosion erupt in the middle and blast thousands of the creatures into the air.

Thousands of body parts then piled on each other.

"Did he just?"

"Yes. Somehow he had a self-destruct item on him. Even I didn't know he was going to go to such drastic measures."

It did help them though, as it contributed to their overall total.

"My liege. We are being overwhelmed."

"I noticed." His hands were also quite busy as he was slashing away.

Ever since joining the battle he hadn't stopped killing them. But he was very conscious that his mana was definitely not going to last.

Even with his abundance in it, the shadows were suffering too much damage. This couldn't go on any longer otherwise he would really fall here.

I wanted to save this for the last round but...

Betting everything he had on this item, he shouted at the others.

"EVERYONE GET BEHIND ME!"

He backed off into a corner and so did everyone else. He then recalled his shadows to make a wall around him.

Then he ordered one to take the item off him, and the shadow then rushed into the crowd.

It then returned, and an instant later a similar looking explosion from the one who self-destructed was seen, but on a much larger scale.

It's sheer power was immense, and even Sung Jinwoo wouldn't have survived if he took it at point-blank range.

They all survived because he used up all his mana to keep on healing the wall around them.

In other words, he made a wall with his mana, but not quite a 'wall'.

Then, the light cleared to reveal a completely destroyed floor.

Although it didn't have an exaggerated crater in the middle, it was damaged enough to see.

But most importantly was that it even affected the pillars. They flashed before losing light, and the figures inside soon disappeared, leaving only a lamp shaped structure with nothing inside.

"Since when did you have that?"

"I got it by accident in the last gate I went into." He casually lied. It was actually from the demon-lord's castle's treasury that he went into.

Although he only had one, so if somehow the round resumes then they were pretty much as good as dead.

And to their absolute delight, it didn't continue.

Instead, the wall shrunk into the ground, until the familiar face of a woman sitting on the throne was seen again.

She still had her eyes closed however, and remained motionless.