ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔰𝔦𝔵

"Not" a distorted voice had responded. It wasn't the deepest but it wasn't very high pitched either. It was somewhere on that medium in between the two. Yet it had chilled Y/N to the bone.

"Are you okay down there?" Y/N called out hesitantly. Suddenly, the same voice began laughing hysterically as if she had just told the best joke of all time. It seemed to be everywhere but nowhere at the same time, like some sort of echo. "I'm not down there.." it began. She could practically hear the smirk in his voice.

"I'm right here" he finished off, slightly more energetic than before. Out of seemingly nowhere the hand from before gripped her shoulder tightly. "and after I'm done with you, I'll have to ask you if you're okay" he quoted her mockingly.

As quick as she could she tried to grab the arm and flip it over her. It felt ghostly, as if she was barely touching it. With a grunt, the man behind the voice fell forward. "Link?!" Y/N called out suddenly. In all honesty it had slipped out but everyone had heard. Toby suddenly burst into an uncontrollable laugh. "S-see! And you tho-ought we we-er b-being me-ean!" He laughed out.

Before she could ask how Toby knew him, he had gotten up and pushed her to the floor by her waist, where they both wrestled like little kids.

"HEY, MY HAT!" He whined as she threw it to the side. 

"You're in MY house and have the nerve to disrespect me?!" She said, completely disregarding what he had said, climbing on top of him and trying to get him to stop hitting her. He managed to slap her face in the process and then teleported from under her to behind her with a laugh. He seemed to have disappeared in a flash of light; almost like he was glitching out of existence. Like a video game character.

With that, Y/N got an idea and rushed to the kitchen before BEN could tackle her to the ground again. She hurriedly flung open the fridge, grabbed a water bottle and tried to unscrew it.  Key word being tried. He smacked it out of her hands before she could do anything. With that, she rushed to the sink and hurriedly drenched her hands into the cold water.

"Come any closer, and I'll choke you with this cold water!" she declared, trying to change her stance to appear more menacing in someway. Before any of them could react to the situation at hand, arms from behind lifted her up quite harshly, putting a gun to her head. With that, the boy in question looked at her smugly, like he had won. "2v1? A loser's last resort" she spat out, still trying to struggle out of the hold she was kept captive in.

"It was getting too out of hand" the voice holding Y/N said plainly. In reality, he just wanted her to stop giving that childish elf all her attention.

The voice that rang through her ears was quite similar. It reminded her greatly of the man that attacked her and switched up half way through the fight. "Wait.. you're the dude from earlier aren't you?" She called out confused. She felt his grip weaken slightly and took that opportunity to slip out and face him. It was quite awkward for her to say the least.

As for him, he was going through all those flashbacks he had gotten before; from his past life. He shuddered suddenly catching Y/N slightly off guard.

"You good there?" she said, "you look like you need a glass or something" she muttered the last part. "For me to strangle you with it?" He snapped towards her. He, in pure honesty, didn't mean to direct his anger and confusion towards her. He was usually much better at containing his emotions. To her, it was completely hilarious apparently, as she burst out laughing. "Ah- sorry didn't mean to. I believe you could, I s-swear--" she tried explaining before breaking out into another laugh.

This was not going how he expected at all. She should be screaming her lungs out, not laughing them out. "Seriously? I don't think this is going to work out. I think you should be scared for her mental health." BEN said, directing it towards Hoodie. "Better luck next time buddy!" he added on in his usual teasing tone and slapping him on his back. He had hit a little too hard apparently, as a small black box fell out of his ski mask.

Before he could go to pick it up, Y/N had beat him to it. "A voice box? How's that fair? That's like, ultimate deception" she said, bewildered that she hadn't picked up that he was using a voice box in the first place. After discovering what it was, an idea struck her. "If you promise to never return, I promise I'll give it back" she suggested.

"I don't need it" he coldly replied. With that, he stormed out of the room and shut the door roughly behind him. As she was about to follow him, Toby put a hand on her shoulder "H-he'll sort it out himself" he stated calmly. He wouldn't want any other proxy to find out about Y/N is she had gotten lost in the forest. "I'll see you soon, hat-snatcher" BEN laughed out as he disappeared into her TV, the same way he had entered.

The room was left in complete silence, with Y/N being absoloutly belwildered at what had happened. Some strange man had broken in twice into her apartment and she had just wreseled with some carbon copy of Link.

...

"So, are we still on for waffles?"

A/N: GUESS WHOS NOT DEAD?!? i promise the next chapter will be 2k+ words at the least, so i hope you guys can forgive me for being inactive for so long!