Chapter 34 - His Foolish Dream

Start from the beginning

Was it my fault that Kurumi died?

Did I really believe in that stupid dream?

Was I really an idiot to believe that?" He then started to mock himself, but his questions were not rhetorical and Medea could discern that much. Even now, in the distance there was smoke rising from a housing complex, and people were screaming for their so called 'heroes' to help them, but none turned up as they were too busy dealing with other cases.

In the past months, crime rates had risen by over double, and All Might's guilt grew in proportion.

"I don't think you're an idiot for believing in that." For the first time, she spoke to him and although her voice was not loud, he could hear her clearly.

"You say you wanted to become everyone's hero when you were a child. That's a noble and valiant dream. Not many people can pursue their dreams, let alone achieve it.

You strived hard and worked hard to be who you were, or are, today. I don't think all of it was pointless.

In the years that you worked as the symbol of peace, think of how many people you saved.

You saved countless, and even now, perhaps you don't realise it but your belief had influenced thousands. Look at Endevour. He wanted to be like you. If you didn't exist, would he still be the same person? Would he still save the amount of people he did if you weren't there to push him?

And, think of All for One. If you didn't appear, Japan would be very different from how it is now? Think of who the credit deserves to go to for that."

"But what about everyone who are suffering as we speak! Look at them! No one's there!"

"Do you really think you're omnipotent? You're being greedy! You are just human after all, no matter how hard you try, you will never be able to help them all. Why don't you, instead of thinking about the people who needs saving, think about the people who you have already saved?

I, for one, already know that you saved Izuku Midoriya. Look at him now." Probably dead tbh.

"But that's not enough. There... is still..."

"Maybe you've not grown up after all. Maybe... you're still stuck in those childish dreams of yours, even when you're retired. You're being very greedy! Cherish what you have earnt, not dwell on what you wish to earn!"

"Maybe I am greedy, but I refuse to give up." He began to raise his voice and shout, "that is my dream! I will never give up, and I will continue to save people, even if it costs me my life."

"A noble dream, but unrealistic."

"Unrealistic?"

"There is no point for that. You're generation is over now. You have been betrayed by time and fate. Your time in the spotlight is over now. Give it to the younger generation why don't you? You're not immortal and you've long reached your limit.

Maybe, it will be better if you just stuck to being a normal civilian. You're guilt will only be contagious."

He looked down in contemplation, "perhaps... but I will not fall here..." Fire began to burn in his eyes, he turned around and looked directly into her eyes, "I still need to witness the so called world lead by the younger generations. I may be GREEDY... I may be an IDIOT... but I still have a million DREAMS! I will not DIE here!" His firm resolve inspired Medea's respect for him. "You won't be the one to kill me. I will defend everything you send at me with my life."

Medea smiled.

A sword manifested itself into Medea's hand, and she pointed it at him.

Meanwhile, he tensed and concentrated his all his strength into his legs and rushed towards her.