The thought that they were drifting apart made her sad but she pushed the negative thoughts away. She had to keep his words in her mind. "Wait for me," he insisted with real tears and emotion in his eyes. Part of her thought she was being naïve. The saying "out of sight, out of mind," often came to her but she reasoned that if she spent every second of the day missing him, it was possible to believe the Seth she knew in prison felt the same.

She just had to trust he'd be true to his word. Simple. She already trusted him with her heart after all.

"Leave me alone," she mumbled.

"I didn't mean to hit a nerve, sweetheart. I'm just offering to be a friend. Be thankful because it doesn't seem like you have any according to the news," he said simply.

"She has enough friends, you little sh*t!"

The sudden yell and honk of a horn startled her but she relaxed seeing Lincoln's car zooming onto the bus lane. "Hop in!" He shouted through the window, before reaching over to push the door open for her.

Without hesitation, she got into the car. "How come you're picking me up?" Daisy asked him.

"I had some free time so why not?" He smiled warmly, making her smile back. "Nice hi-vis."

She looked down at her outfit, knowing he was light heartedly poking fun at her uniform but she didn't care because underneath the neon vest was her own clothes. She under estimated how much she missed wearing clothes that that had a scent other than plain cotton. They were worn in and truly only hers, not lost and recycled in the midst of hundreds of men's clothing.

"I think we should get Chinese takeout today. Unless you want to cook?" Lincoln asked with a hopeful cheeky grin.

"Takeout it is," she giggled.

Fortunately, it didn't take too long for them to arrive at Lincoln's apartment. It was one that he planned to sell after marrying Daisy's sister. However, that didn't go to plan when he finally reached his absolute limit to Anna's selfishness. Apart from random white knights on the internet, he was one of the leaders to helping Daisy out of her situation and apparently, Anna wasn't as supportive as he would've expected. Of course, he tried to downplay how little love she was shown but Daisy was well aware of her entire close family's disregard for her.

She was grateful Lincoln let her stay in his spare room. But when she told Seth that she was staying with him, he was not happy at all. She wondered that perhaps that was the cause of their distance now. But he eventually said he understood considering her parents kicked her out of the house and she absolutely refused to stay in a house with Seth's friends, strangers.

Although their dinners normally consisted of comfortable silence or animated talk of a new tv show, this time it was unusually quiet. Daisy assumed it was just due to it being a tiring day.

However, evidently that was not the case as Lincoln decided to ask her on a date. At least she assumed it was a date from the anxiety that radiated off him as he asked her if she wanted to try a new restaurant that had just opened down the street.

Just from the look on her face, Lincoln immediately took it back and adamantly insisted they could go as friends only. 

Nevertheless, that conversation ended with Daisy awkwardly residing to her room. As per her usual routine, she pressed the favourited number on her phone, lovingly labelled "My Knight."

"Please please please," she whispered to her phone, eyebrows furrowed as she listened to the phone ring only to be let down once again.

Daisy couldn't help it. Finally the tears unleashed as the phone rang out for the second time that day. She worried for his safety and the fact that there was no way to know whether this was him breaking up with her, or if he was dead, was too much to handle.

She ended up eventually sleeping with stinging eyes and a sore blocked nose. Nightmares flooded her head throughout the night, many featuring Seth lying on the ground with the same bloody sweatshirt that plagued her mind constantly.

It was rare she slept well since leaving prison, despite it being a king size luxury mattress and the highest quality duvet covers. She'd either wake up from bad dreams or from a bad back.

Only this night, after the third time of forcing herself back to sleep, Daisy's muscles relaxed. Her body felt at ease and her mind emptied. She was softly woken by a large warm hand stroking the top of her head. Seth's familiar comforting scent reached her nose, causing her to nuzzle her head closer to the source.

Smooth warm lips kissed a trail around her head; her cheeks, her nose, the crown of her head and even her eyelids. Seth finally pecked her lips and then repeated the same pattern.

Daisy just allowed herself to teeter on the verge of sleep, not wanting to deny herself of a rare good nights sleep. Especially while knowing it was rare for the prison to be so quiet.

She wondered what time it was and hoped the insanely loud alarm bell was hours away from waking them up for breakfast.

The repeated kisses pulled her further and further away from her much needed sleep, annoying her immensely and this was particularly the case when she felt the Seth was on top of the duvet. This created an uncomfortable claustrophobic feeling that forced her awake.

"Get off," she mumbled, pulled her blanket.

"Angel?"

"What, Seth?"

Wait...

"Seth?!" Her eyes sprung open to meet the handsome brown eyes of her incarcerated, now smirking, boyfriend.

"Miss me, Kitten?"

~~~

THE END

~~~

Thank you for reading!

All platforms are now up to date with each other! I wanted no spoilers and it to be fair for everyone.

Let's start fresh for Innocent Runaways!

WORD COUNT: 1678

Much love <3

~~~

support me on patreon.com/esssea