Chapter 10: Rabbit Ox Dog Part 1

(Continuing on with Kamen Rider Chrono: With the attacks of the Zodiacs becoming more frequent, the Riders are stretched thin as the three of them run ragged, and it will only get worse when Kibou takes the day off from being a Rider to maintain his personal life, leaving Yuya and Future Trish behind to deal with the mess.)

The streets of the city typically weren't as desolate as tonight's, what with the world growing colder and more fog covering the quaint location like a blanket. Dragnis walked down the lonely road, book in hand and a flame floating just overhead to apply a whisper of light.

Dragnis: "London Bridge is Falling Down~ Hm~ Hm~ Hm~" He hummed the melody as he read a work of Sherlock Holmes, only stopping when he heard another distant hum. 

A sigh escaped his lips as a truck came barreling down the road, the driver nearly asleep behind the wheel. Dragnis tossed the book into the sky and stepped out of the way, allowing the truck to pass him as he saw the man behind the wheel. In an instant, he had learned the man's story, all with a simple glance. 

Dragnis: "Poor soul... May you rest in peace." The book came falling down gently into his hands as the tanker crashed into the side of a building, exploding and lighting up the Zodiac's features.

Tignus: "Wo-hoh! You do that, Dragnis?"

Dragnis: "No... What brings you out this late?"

Tignus: "You mind giving me a light first?"

Dragnis: "I certainly do mind, I hate the smell after all," Dragnis set the book on the floor and tightened his tie, before reaching into his coat. "Here, use this instead." The Zodiac produced a silver lighter with gold embroidering.

Tignus: "This some fancy stuff? Why you even gotta be so over the top? A light's a light."

Dragnis: "I prefer to have things that clearly belong to me. You mind giving it back when you're down?"

Tignus: "Hell nah, keeping this thing." He lit a cigarette and took a long puff, blowing it into the sky. "I'm out here pickin' fights." 

Dragnis: "Brutish as always... Why, might I ask?"

Tignus: "Cause some stuck-up high-society punk didn't let me fight the chick a couple nights ago...! What are you doing out, anyway? Shouldn't you be in that boring tower of yours with a fire place and win and whatnot?"

Dragnis: "I simply wanted to get a breathe of fresh air, just before the snow set in."

Tignus: "Ha! Clearly drunk, there's no sign of sno-!" He stopped mid sentence just as something cold fell onto his face. The Tiger Zodiac turned his gaze up and snow started to fall down.

Dragnis: "Hold off on your excitement for tonight. Tomorrow morning, we attack the Riders."

Tignus: "Huh? You mean that!? Sweet, now how do we lure them out?"

Dragnis: "For the past few days I've been asking the other Zodiacs to create minions to attack parts of the city, to tire them out. Tomorrow morning, the Rat Zodiac unleashes an army to attack a single, concentrated area. The Riders will have to gather, and we'll be waiting."

Tignus: "Just like you, huh? Whatever. I'll leave all the big brain stuff in your claws. Now, I need to go get some rest... Got a real busy day tomorrow~"

...
(The Morning After)
...

Trish: "You worry too much. I'll be fine... Yes, I'm gonna be out with the girls... Okay... Okay... Love you too, bye."

Trish pushed the 'end call' on her screen, watching her mother's name flash on the display before it blacked out. She sighed as she leaned against a pillar, looking over her shoulder towards the bus stop, waiting for her friends to come.