Chapter 2: Warrior in Gold

A late night drive home led Kibou to investigate a nearby park where he found a towering monster with leather skin, white fur, and rabbit-like ears assaulting a group of younger, female classmates. Making a rash decision to save them, Kibou gave them the perfect opportunity to escape, but that left him with the beast who quickly outsped and overpowered him. Kibou accepted his cruel fate in that moment, but whether it was destiny or sheer luck, something had saved his life.

A golden light had blinded both Kibou and the monster, then a moment later an orb of light had embedded into Kibou's body, launching the beast back. The student fell to the ground with a loud thud and golden sand raining down around him.

???: "Kids these days are so stupid. Just what made you think you could fight that thing?"

Kibou let out a groan of pain, flipping himself onto his stomach and pushing himself up.

???: "Can't you at least tell your name to your glorious savior?"

Kibou had managed to get himself on one knee and looked around for the mysterious voice, but no one was around.

???: "Down here! Around your waist kid!"

Looking down he saw some weird belt tied around his waist. It was bulky with a silver and gold plating that looked like it could split apart. On the top was a slot that looked like you could insert something inside. It had roman numerals carved around the central circle like a clock.

???: "Geez, you just gonna stare like an idiot? At least look alive, that thing's coming back for seconds."

He looked over his shoulder and saw the monster approaching, taking a wide swing. Rolling off to the side, he pushed against his knee to stand fully. He backed away from another hook, kicked against the beast's leg just as the beast was doing the same thing, and punched it in the stomach, successfully stumbling it.

???: "Better be grateful that I'm allowing you to use a fraction of my strength."

Kibou: "Thanks for that."

???: "And the mute speaks! If only I could get thou name like I'VE ALREADY ASKED!"

Kibou: "Kibou Kitai, and you?"

???: "Not important! What is important is that you try not to get kicked!"

The beast spun and kicked out. The impact sent Kibou into a bed of roses, the thorns cutting open any exposed skin and staining the green stems with a crimson similar to his scarf.

???: "What did I tell you? You know what, I'm willing to cut you some slack... Here, can you pull apart the two sections of the belt?"

Kibou: "And what'll that do?"

???: "It'll kill you... No, partially no, but it WILL help save your life."

Kibou: "What was that? Nevermind. I'll trust you."

???: "Good, now do it."

Kibou placed his hands on the belt, pulling them apart to reveal a roman numeral clock with both hands pointed upwards. A chime rang through the air, almost like a church bell as golden sand started to get pulled into the center like a vortex. At the same time a ring appeared around him and it started to obscure him in that same sand.

???: "Ready Go! Steady Go! Time To Go! Kamen Rider Chrono!! The future is in your hands."

Compatibility: 10%

The ring exploded and the sand blew outward, sparkling in the air. Standing in the middle of it all was Kibou now dressed in a full black suit with gold and slate grey armor on the chest, shoulders going down to the elbows, and above the ankles stopping a while before the knees. The final details were the helmet with blue eyes and golden hands pointed 2-10, and the crimson scarf protecting his neck.