Chapter 3.1 : New Relations I

Start from the beginning

"I didn't mean it like that, Sudou," I explained.

"So, what exactly did you mean?" In his former tone, he inquired.

"You know, Ichinose discovered several security cameras in front of the convenience shop after you left yesterday." I informed him.

"Yeah. What's the big deal about some security cameras?" He questioned me, entirely oblivious to what I was implying.

"You see, if you had attacked them there, they might have used the film from those cameras to file a complaint against you, or even worse, blackmailed you for your points." I explained to him.

"What exactly did you say? What would they have done?" He inquired.

"Ah, I mean, this is simply an idea Ichinose devised. You just make sure you don't get into any more trouble, and yeah, she requested me to tell you this as well," I told him.

"Wait, she did that? Well, I think I've got to thank her for that in that case. Thank you for telling me that, Ayanokouji," he remarked to me.

Wait a minute.

I've really begun casually conversing with him. Does that make him my friend? I don't think so. I still don't have his contact information, and Internet-sensei advised me that having other people's contact information, or any other method to reach them, is essential for developing a friendship. Ichinose did the same to me, therefore I believe I must follow in her footsteps.

So I should ask for his contact information next, right?

Yes, it would be ideal. Okay, here goes nothing.

"Oh, Sudo, do you want to share contact information with me?" I questioned him and showed him my phone, exactly as Ichinose had done on the first day.

"Here," he said, showing me his phone, and we exchanged contact information.

"Are you going to sit here all day and look out the window?" Sudo inquired.

"Um... Yeah. Does that pose a problem?" I responded.

"Nah, that's not a problem, but..." he said.

"But..." I inquired.

"Ahhh, come with me; I'll introduce you to some guys," he added, gripping my shoulder and forcing me to stand.

What?

Is he the same guy who was speaking with me a moment ago?

I gave him an affirmative response since I had no reason to deny him and it would help me in both of my missions.

"Uh, okay, fine," I said, and I followed him.

He went to his seat, put his bag down, and greeted the boy sitting in front of him, who introduced himself yesterday as Yamauchi Haruki.

"Yo, Yamauchi," Sudou said, greeting him.

"Sudou, hello. And, uhh... are you Ayanokouji?" he murmured, curiously looking at me as though trying to recall if he had seen me anywhere before.

Hey, if you're thinking that, I can guarantee you that I've never met someone like you before today.

"Um, Yeah. Nice to meet both of you," I said to him and the boy he was speaking with.

"It's also nice to meet you, Ayanokouji." Ike was the one who welcomed me this time.

"Wait a second... I recall now. You were that guy who was with Ichinose-chan and Kushida-chan during the opening ceremony." In a nasty tone, Yamauchi inquired.

"Yeah, I was. What does it matter?" I did my best to respond to him.

"What do you mean, "What of it?" you knucklehead? Tell us how you got along with them, you jerk." He virtually sprang out of his seat and wrapped his arm around my shoulder.