Vol 1 Prologue I : Future

-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-

"We can't predict the future, but we can create it with our own hands."

1st April, 2023, 8.25 a.m.
Location : ANHS, Tokyo

Chairman Sakyanagi

As I sat in my chair, going over the last bit of paperwork for the start of the new academic year at Tokyo Metropolitan Advance Nurturing High School, I thought to myself, what will this new school year will bring and how new students are going to accommodate themselves in this new environment.

As I finished the paperwork, I went to my office window and looked out at the school. There was activity on the main gate of the school, which usually remains silent throughout the year. In contrast to how lifeless it usually is, it was brimming with the lively arrival of new students.

April
The month when the majority of Japanese students begin their new journey toward their goals.
Some of these students went on to become great leaders for the country, carrying it forward on a global scale.
Some people start fantastic businesses that benefit the economy.
Some become well-known athletes, musicians, dancers, doctors, engineers, scientists, and other professionals.
It has been demonstrated that the development of a country is primarily determined by its people and resources.

However, it is ultimately up to individuals to determine how to best use scarce resources in order to achieve rapid development and breakthroughs in innovation.
Education is responsible for shaping a person, as people are the most important factor in determining a country's status.

As we all know, Japan has a limited natural resource base, making it even more important for the country to improve its human resources by providing its children with the best education possible.

As a result, education is the backbone of any country; it contributes significantly to technological advancements and imparts a wide range of skills, values, and awareness.

And it is for this reason that my father founded ANHS: to provide the country with students who will become responsible citizens.

I believe that a student can only improve in a natural setting where they can learn whatever they want. Although one of my closest friends does not share my vision of education, I can't blame him; after all, he was able to achieve results with his students that this school had never seen before.

But I still want to believe in my father's vision and complete it.

I was deep in my internal conflict when I heard a knock on the door, and I knew who was on the other side without even asking.

"Please come in," I said.

"Good morning, Chairman Sakyanagi," said the man in front of me.

"Good morning, Mashima-Sensei," I said quietly, adding, "Please take a seat."

Mashima Tomonari is one of my most trusted employees and a teacher at my school. He was once a student who walked the same halls as current students and has a personality to rival even the best teachers in the country. That is one of the reasons he has gained my confidence.

"So the new batch starts today, huh?" he asked as he took a seat.

"Yes, and many new and distinct students will walk through those doors today in search of a bright future," I responded.

"Indeed, Chairman Sakyanagi," he began, "so much time has passed since I was also a student here, but it still feels like it was just yesterday that I crossed those doors and you were there welcoming all the students, huh," he reflected on his past.