😩

TW: Mentions of abuse

This is making my single gay heart cry rn

Also this is a oneshot book and this is when Ophelia is like 4
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was late at night, Mischa and Noel lied together in bed, a blanket covering them as they watched Mischa's favourite musical, Hamilton. Mischa layed with his head on Noel's lap as Noel sat playing with his hair.

Mischa looked up from the screen and locked eyes with his lover, Noel Gruber. The man who loved him since high School. The man that no matter what happened he always found his way back to Noel's arms. The man that stood with him no matter what.

Noel smiled and put a hand to Mischa's cheek, leaning down and kissing him. Mischa Bachinski. The man that stood up for Noel when the other kids would call him slurs. The man that got really touchy when drunk. The man that cried watching Hamilton.. Twice. The man that Noel adored.

The two broke apart, Mischa with a wide grin on his face.

"О моя любов"
Mischa said. Noel smiled, cupping Mischa's face.

"Tu es si mignon ma chérie~"
Noel said, kissing Mischa again.
The ironic part is neither of them the other's language.

A young Ophelia walked in their room, Mischa going to her and picking her up, smiling. Noel followed, standing beside Mischa.

"Why are you up this late?"
He said with a thick Ukrainian accent. Noel smiled, the young girl yawning.

"I had a bad dream"
She said, rubbing her eyes while holding a little rabbit toy. She motioned her arms to Noel, stretching her fingers at her dad. Noel smiled and took her from Mischa's hands, holding her.

"What was it about honey?"
He asked as Ophelia started tearing up.

"I-I was h-home and you were t-there! Papa wasn't there e-either!"
She said with a raised voice and tears running down her face. Noel Sat down on his bed with Mischa, Ophelia crying into his chest.

"Honey it's okay, it was just a dream. I would never leave"
Noel said, rubbing circles in the young girls back. She looked up at him, wiping her tears.

"B-but other dad left. What's stopping you!"
She said. Noel fought back tears from the memories of Ophelia's other adoptive parent. He hit Noel sometimes. It was something Noel accepted because he was already married, but he caught him hitting Ophelia, and when Noel found out he called the police. It was too late though, he had skipped town. Well, skipped country.

"I'm not him. Ophelia, I'll never do anything of what he did. I promise.."
Noel said, choking on tears. Mischa rubbed his back, earning a smile from Noel.

Ophelia looked up as Noel teared up, she hugged him tighter.

"NO DADDY DON'T CRY!!"
She yelled. Noel smiled, tears rolling down his face.

"Oh honey"
He said as she hugged him. He wiped his tears, and looked at Mischa, then Ophelia. He smiled, putting his hand on Mischa's.