Chapter 29 - Surprising and Shocking

Start from the beginning

At this point, Lida was completely helpless against this. He thought about killing Stain, and kept thinking about it, but he couldn't help but wonder if he was even his opponent.

His skill far outmatched his own, and whilst one side was only to defeat, the other was fighting for the kill.

The speeding Stain soon enclosed upon the figure, but not losing any momentum and professionalism.

At this point, not even the figure could follow his movements, but after countless battles, they developed something akin to a sixth sense, and by relying on that, the figure started to move and dodge what would've been fatal blows.

Surprised that they can still see him, Stain increased his speed dangerously, and after much persistence, a little cut was inflicted.

This wouldn't have been a problem, if not for Stain's uncanny quirk. Through drinking someone else's blood, he is able to render them unable to move for a while.

Noticing something wrong with Stain's behaviour, the figure soon spotted a drop of their blood splattered into the air, and watched as he swallowed it.

Then, the figure couldn't move anymore, and felt defenceless and Stain then aimed for their head.

"LIDA!" Then, two different footsteps could be heard, and judging by their breath they seemed to be quite desperate and tired.

How foolish, to run into battle already tired and out of breath.

Despite the situation, the figure still thought of many ways to criticize them.

After, a knife was swiftly felt cutting through their neck, and the figure's entire view began to tilt.

Time for step 4 now... heh they will probably get a shock after seeing who I am.

With this, the consciousness inside this body disappeared and reappeared something else.

"Is it done?"

"Yes."

"Mmm good, now it is our time to wait."

Back in the alleyway, the headless body fell onto the ground.

Lida, and the two that arrived saw this sight and was horrified.

What did it in for them was when the mask cracked.

"K-k-kurumi! Spluasg" Izuku was the first one to throw up, followed up the rest.

Tears formed at the sides of his eyes, and Stain just watched them. His gaze then lingered on the dead corpse.

Meanwhile, Hu Tao silently and stealthily watched them atop a roof.

(Damnnnn, that looked like it hurt. You okay?)

(Yes, thanks for asking. In fact, I didn't feel any pain just then since my consciousness will go as soon as I died. In other words, as soon as the neck was severed, I was already gone. That clone was useless anyway)

('Kay. Ainz should I intervene now?)

(Yes. Remember to follow the script)

(Don't worry about it! I'll be perfectly fine!)

Stain was just about to make a move on the others there, but a bright light appeared in the sky.

"Not to fear, for Hu Tao is here!" She dropped down onto the floor and Kurumi's body became enclosed in a warm flame.

"Hey kids, you better get outa here ya know? It's gonna get quite dangerous!" She cheerfully exclaimed as she examined Lida's condition, "oh and also, he needs to get to a hospital straight away."