𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟒- 𝑷𝒓𝒆𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔

Edited

This will be a shorter chapter. I'm working on the next chapter currently and just wanted to do a smaller update. I will be posting the longer chapter soon as well as a short one shot for valentines day. The one shot will not follow the story line; it is just a small addition.

Marinette awoke to a mess of blonde hair covering her face. Flipping it off of her, she looked around to find herself in the hallway of the Agreste mansion. Chloe was still asleep, practically on top of her, causing a slight smile. The blonde was always the worst to sleep next to because she was a big cuddler. Chloe was always attached to her by the morning, no matter what position the two drifted off in.

Chloe had definitely grown as a person since their first encounter. Chloe was practically the mom of their whole friend group now. After she had sat down to talk to her parents about how their actions were truly hurting her, there seemed to be a very positive change in her. They actually had family time occasionally, and she never had to feel as though the only way to get her mom's attention was to be rude like her. Her father started actually caring about her more, so she didn't have to act out to feel seen. Somehow, this led to Chloe regaining her miraculous powers and joining their very intimate clique.

After just lying in thought for almost ten minutes, Marinette decided to head down the stairs. She could tell by the crack in the door that Adrien had already headed down silently, not wanting to wake them. He could have woken them, and they would not have cared; the whole reason they were here was to be near him. He needed company, but they also respected his wishes to have alone time occasionally.

As she walked down the massive banister, she tried not to think of the past few days; she would process them later, on her own time. Eventually the distractions would run out and she would have to face everything; she would keep going until then.

When she reached the door of the kitchen, she tripped over thin air. Her thoughts had distracted her, and she fell directly on the double doors, pushing them open. Wincing from the new sting in her knees, she lay sprawled out on the kitchen floor. It took a few seconds for her brain to work again, then she sat up.

When she took in her surroundings, Adrien and Luca were both in the kitchen, staring at her from opposite sides of the room with small smiles on their faces. She blushed, quickly standing up and apologizing for disturbing them. They were both blushing pretty hard. Something must have happened before she walked into the kitchen. Ignoring whatever had happened before, she asked the two about their mornings, receiving vague answers and averted gazes.

This has been happening a lot recently. When someone entered a room, they would notice the two agitated boys. Marinette walked in on them staring at each other for almost two minutes without noticing her. She walked out quickly, not trying to interrupt whatever seemed to be going on.

The three teens sat in a comfortable silence as breakfast preparation started and places were set. No one ever knew how many would really show, but there was always room for the full team. Marinette, Adrien, and Luca set the Agreste table to its capacity of at least fifteen places, if not more.

The easiest part was now over, and the real work began.