Bonus chapter

Andrea Gallo
"Thank you Brianna this means a lot to us," i say genuinely, grabbing my coat and when Laia comes down the stairs looking so hot i fight the urge to take her back up and show her just how much. Everyday i just love her more and more. "You look stunning mi amore," i say leaning in to kiss her and we both smile into the kiss grabbing her butt in the process. "You look sexy too baby," she says whispering next to my ear and i make the decision for us both to leave before we end up not leaving. Raela, our little baby girl who's three now runs to us wanting her good night kisses from us both then follows the babysitter to her room. Demanding just like her mummy.

"Finally! The couple of the hour has arrived,"Francesca says standing up to greet us, and so do the rest. Marcello looks nervous as hell and i pull him aside to prep him. Tonight he's proposing to Gael but only Laia and i know because i told her. She's my best friend and i tell her everything. They've been dating since our wedding saying something sparked between them that day. "Cello you'll do great, just remember that this is the person you love and want to spend the rest of your life with,"i say trying to calm him down and he takes a few deep breaths before joining the group at the dinner table.

I take my seat next to my baby who is telling a funny story featuring me and Raela. I make a mental note to show her how embarrassed she made me feel once we get to our bedroom. We've been married for four years now and i wouldn't take anything back. She gives me reasons to be my best self for her and our daughter.

We spent the better part of the night talking about everything with a few people coming over to our tables to take pictures with Laia since she's a celebrity now with hit maker songs thanks to Cesca being the best at what she does. I still couldn't believe that she made a whole album dedicated to me when I was in a coma. I don't even know how she manages to be a mom, do concerts and be the most amazing wife anyone could ask for and sometimes wear her lawyer hat for me and other clients. I'm pulled out of my thoughts when Marcello stands up to make a toast making Laia look over to me grinning and i chuckle. Way to play it cool baby. I think out loud.

"Thank you all for coming tonight, i know i joined the friend group a little late but it was worth it. Happy birthday mio Amore. I have learnt to love and care for people all my life but you have taught me how to be loved and accept it. I wouldn't picture myself doing this with anyone else so will you marry me?" He asks going down on one knee  and i can see Gael trying so hard not to tear up, we all were. "Ofcourse i will baby, over and over again,"he says as Cello places the ring on his finger and kisses him while we all clap for the now engaged couple. Nothing feels better than seeing my brother find happiness in someone rather than hiding up at the mansion that i left for him. Laia insisted on moving to another house to start afresh.

"I want to take you somewhere,"i say once we get in the car and i drive her to the train station. I can see the look of confusion on her face because she doesn't like to be far away from Raela for long. "We'll be back before she wakes up, i promise," i say kissing her cheek and she agrees after contemplating. "At least i know it's in Florence," she says rubbing her arms and i don't hesitate to remove my coat jacket for her even though I told her to carry a sweater so many damn times but she insisted it would ruin her aesthetic with the black dress. "You two, nice looking couple," an old woman says seating opposite us on the train and i can't help but smile because it's all Laia,she's made me who i am and i don't regret any of it. I would do it all over again of i have to.

"This is the place we had our first date. You remembered?" She asks snaking her arms around my torso. "Ofcourse i remember my tesoro, you ate most of my food too,"i say making her chuckle. I see she still has a puzzle look as to why we'd take an hour train to come here. "I bought it for you and would like it to be a sub branch for your mom's restaurant,"i say genuinely since her mom's restaurant has been getting a lot of recognition but the space isn't as big. She let Maria run it and would help out financially if need be because she wanted to keep her mom's memory alive and i admired that.

"Your happiness is my happiness baby,"i say hugging her small figure because she's now sobbing. She hasn't talked to me about her parents much because i know she doesn't want me to feel guilty. I know she misses them because she's subconsciously said she needs to call her mom a few times when we argued. I want her to know that I'm here wholy and I'm not going anywhere. "I really am lucky to have you and i wish my parents would be here to see it,"she says sniffling and i kiss her forehead gently knowing that I'm the lucky one to have walked into that bakery to buy Francesca donuts and to have fired that lawyer.

"Now can we go home so i can show you how lucky i am you're all mine?" I ask smirking and she giggles still not letting go of my torso as we walk back to the car.