nineteen

Laia Makena
I got out of the shower to a dress on my bed. Andrea asked me to be her plus one at some merger event. It's been a week since i moved in and she's been trying to make me warm up to her. Marcello says he's never seen her this smitten but i know better than to listen to him. He'd say anything to support his sister. I wore  the dress before i hear a knock on the door revealing Mrs Gallo. She's gotten Abit better and likes talking to me. She says I'm the daughter she never had but she's greatful for Andrea." Ciao Bello, you look amazing. No wonder Andrea is willing to do anything for you,"she says seating on the edge of the bed. She has green eyes to and i can see where Andrea gets most of her features.

After helping me with getting ready Mrs Gallo leaves to go look for Marcello. I look at myself in the mirror one last time debating on whether my glasses are needed or not and i decide to leave them behind. I've been calling mom so she doesn't worry and she wasn't happy about me being here but it was better than being a prey for stalkers and journalists. Gael and Ella left for Florence when i told them i couldn't risk their safety by being seen with me and they understood.

When I'm fully down the stairs i let go of the dress. I don't know who chose it but I'm not complaining. It's revealing enough like Mrs Gallo said. Andrea is standing infront of me still glaring at me in one of her all black suits. "If you're done drooling I'd like to get going,"i say immitating her words when we had our first encounter making her chuckle and putting her arm out for me to take which i do.

Andrea wass quietly on the phone during the ride and i don't know why i felt neglected. She didn't owe me her attention because i was just someone she was taking under wing. Once at the building she gets out and opens the door for me smiling. She's been smiling allot lately and I'm not even surprised that there's cameras all around us. Francesca was at the entrance and i realised it's the first time I've seen her since the break up but she looks happy to see us. "Hey round eyes, you look hot,"she says smirking and Andrea places her hand around my waist possessively making my body tense up at the contact. "Let's  get drinks,"she says and the three of us head to where the champagne glasses are laid out. Francesca fills me in the truce she and Andrea made and she was sorry for lying to me.

Andrea got pulled away into the crowd of investors while Francesca dragged me to a small group of people and now they were discussing my music and the next step. I found myself stealing glances at Andrea looking all professional as she talked about business smiling from time to time but even i could see it was plastered. Her hair was in an updo  bun revealing her low undercut which i assume she got today because i hadn't see it before.

"Miss Laia what do you think?" A shorter woman asks pulling me out of my daze and i see Francesca giggling before she excuses us both. "Could you at least hide your drooling for a few minutes,"she says laughing and i nudge her arm playfully laughing too. "What's so funny?" Andrea asks seriously. If i didn't know any better I'd say she was jealous. "Nothing," we both say simply before Francesca disappears into the crowd. "Are you going to tell me?"she says pouting and it's cute but funny.

"Fran noticed me getting distracted by you,"i say and she smirks before taking my hand and leading me to the dance floor. "Can I have this dance?"she asks gently and i remember something making me freeze on the spot. I feel my tears welding up so i run out of there to get some fresh air before i panic but its too late. I'm already struggling to keep my breathing normal. This hasn't happened in a while and i hated when it had happened before.

"Laia!"i hear Andrea calling and i realized I'm on the edge of the balcony. I could see why she'd call out my name like that. I wasn't not going to kill myself. She hurries over to me and when she sees me struggling to breathe she gets out her phone calling someone. "I...can't....breathe.. proper..ly...my in...haler,"i try to word out. My asthma attacks started again after the incident in the ally but i had my inhaler with me. They weren't frequent so i didn't think I'd need to walk around with my inhaler. I wasn't expecting a simple question to have me spiraling.

I tried copying her breathing like she said but it only got worse and i could see the fear in her eyes. I wanted to reassure her but i couldn't even form a sentence as she carried me to the exit. I tried to keep my eyes open but they felt heavier the more i batted my eyelids. "Stay with me Laia,"i heard her say before i fell unconscious.