Chapter 28 - Hu Tao

Start from the beginning

Although it was somewhat expensive, Kurumi had around 16500 points, and each body costs around 1500

(Okay, then just wait it out. If something happens then tell me.)

(Wait! Are you telling me to just stay in this boring place for the next year? I wanna do fun things too you know?)

(...To be honest, I wouldn't want to be in that position either. How about this, I will give you 750 points, and you buy a body right now, and transfer your consciousness over to that. Periodically check on the one inside the capsule, and if something happens, transfer your consciousness back over.)

(Good idea)

And they did just that.

...

"A new mission?" A curious Hu Tao asked.

"Yes, as you know, a student has gone missing from UA. We suspect it was from a criminal organisation, so we have done our best to pin out lots of them on this map. As you are a hero and a strong one at that, please check these locations to see if the student is there."

An officer then handed over a piece of paper with a very detailed view of Japan.

"So the red crossed are...?"

"Yes, they are the locations. This looks like paper but is actually a very advanced device. If you tap the cross, more information will appear and you can zoom in and out."

"Oooh. Cool! Leave this to me!"

"Thank you."

With that, she left and reported this to everyone else.

(I'm definitely not at any of those places so there's no need to worry about jeopardising the plan. Feel free to go to those places.)

(Okaaayyyyyy)

...

Because of this sudden development, Medea stopped looking for clues and came back. Kurumi was also in the house sipping on coffee, whilst Hu Tao is out hunting.

The days passed quite peacefully for a while, before some weeks later, due to the sheer number of people Hu Tao captured and defeated, she was given the number 3 hero spot.

"YAY! Number 3!" Up to a camera, she smiled excitedly and put three fingers up. Behind her was an entire underground complex completely uprooted and destroyed, with multiple people on the floor.

She was noticed of the rank after and was very excited. After an interview, which she gave her backstory, she went back to hunting more places.

She didn't know that she garnered a fan club of her own, but that was irrelevant.

...

"So it's you who've been messing with the underground world."

Hu Tao looked at the young man in front of her who began to take of his gloves. He also had a weird bird-beak over his mouth, and his voice sounded like it was in a constant state of disgust.

"Give up now villain! I am the number 3 hero, Hu Tao! I won't hurt you if you surrender!"

"Your dreaming. I'm Overhaul, not those petty villains who can't fight for their lives. It is you who will fall." He then injected a needle into his neck, before he groaned in pain.

Hu Tao patiently waited for him to recover, but with no warning he stuck his hands onto the floor and the entire thing disintegrated.

The dust then flowed towards Hu Tao, and reassembled into many sharp spears.

With her own weapon, she moved elegantly and easily cut them in half. Carrying on the momentum she dived forwards.

Ignoring the rubble that was being launched towards her, she swiftly dodged them all with little and efficient movements. She then jumped high into the sky, and a second later the entire floor collapsed down.