Chapter 27 - Clues

Start from the beginning

Her insight was impressive.

...

Ainz and Medea continuously worked in the background, but to their disappointment no clues have yet to be found.

It was mainly Medea doing the searching, and she communicated with Ainz with a mental link they all established to keep everyone updated.

She went to many libraries and government official buildings around Japan but to no avail.

Ainz, in order to play the father role, had to meet some parents on some occasions and did the chores around the house. In other words, he was the house husband.

...

As soon as she got word of another case of criminals, she dashed towards the destination as quick as possible, and got there in no time. Swiftly dislocating their arms and legs, she saved a family and waved them off whilst waiting for the police to arrive.

But what was unexpected was for a massive muscular figure to appear instead of them.

All Might...

He was a towering giant much taller than Hu Tao, and his exaggerated muscles bulged under his shirt, which had blue and yellow patterns.

"HAHA! Young hero, it seems like we have met again!"

"We've met before?"

"Indeed, although I did not greet you. But never mind that, I have to thank you for taking care of the villains. You can leave them to me now!"

He held out his hand.

"Oh, uh no problem. It's now my job after all."

She then reached out her own hand and shook his. Although this seemed simple enough, it looked ridiculous, as All Might's hand was multiple times larger than Hu Tao's

She also secretly measured his strength.

Hmm, he is definitely very strong. No wonder he is the number one hero. The me right now probably cannot match him, but if I don't hold back and use my full strength then, maybe...?

Yes, she had additional weights on her hand and feet to train herself in this world, specially made by Medea. She also unequipped all her artifacts for this reason too.

I wanna fight him...

...

Time went by and a week has passed, and the school announced an excursion to the USJ. They described this as an all-purpose testing facility for heroes.

It was quite magnificent, and Kurumi had to give it to them that a lot of realistic scenarios were accurately replicated.

Then, an astronaut looking figure started to explain about heroes and villains.

"-remember. Our quirks are very strong yes, but we must only use it to protect. Take mine for example, I have the [Black Hole] quirk, but if used incorrectly, I can easily kill people. Use your power in moderation."

Is it a he or she? Nevermind, they are actually making sense. Surprising.

Kurumi smiled at this and walked into the building, but immediately sensed something wrong.

She had the power of time after all, which was the closest thing to space, so she sensed space braking in front of her and it indeed did.

And out came a crowd of people, followed by a mist-person, an abomination and another person with hands on his body.

"This is not part of the plan." Aizawa stated, "hey, take the kids outa here."

But he was still too slow, as multiple portals opened up around them, and everyone was separated.

Aizawa frowned in annoyance and focused on the battle ahead of him.

As Kurumi sank into the portal, when she was out of sight of everyone, she started to smile and thought: Interesting...

She then found herself atop a mountain looking down at the entire facility. Then, at least 20 people surrounded her, telling her to surrender.

Due to this being an unknown world, she didn't know the consequences of killing these people, so she held back but still fought them.

They came prepared however surprisingly enough, as if she was their sole target.

(Hey Kurumi, what's happening?) Before, she set up a mental communication link to relay information and plans going forward.

(Some annoying bugs are fighting me, but I don't know what they're after exactly. Although, some of their equipment are quite something, perhaps they are after me? Is this the 'big fish' you were talking about Ainz?)

(Perhaps, can you deal with the situation?)

(Obviously...)

(Then don't. I feel like the best way forward is to get captured and see where it leads you.)

(You make an interesting argument.) A smile crept onto her face, as she pretended to falter and misstep; someone then took advantage of this and managed to land a strike on her neck.

Her body then fell helplessly and all retaliation stopped, but her mind was still very awake.

Idiots. If I didn't make a mistake before, why would I make one now? You're celebrating winning against a school girl? Where's your dignity? And you are lowering your guard too much, what if I suddenly sprung back to life and killed you?

It seemed like it was her hobby to mock people.

Anyway, they talked into a device, before looking up in joy and a portal then opened beneath them.

Spreading her senses, she knew that her body was next to the hand-guy, and he looked at her with a victorious gaze.

"WAIT! KURUMI!!" Izuku saw this and was desperate.

Aizawa and the others that were present there were also horrified. Although she never talked much, she was still very polite and their classmate.

Seeing her being captured triggered the wrath inside Aizawa as he desperately tried to rescue her, but then the massive abomination of a creature blocked his way.

It also quite severely injured him, and blood began to cover the floor, but his eyes were still on Kurumi.

But then, a loud crash echoed across the building, as All Might arrived with a furious look on his face.

Before even speaking his signature line, he rushed forwards to grab Kurumi from the villains, but the creature blocked his way and started exchanging fists and blows to each other.

His expression became more angry as he punched the thing, but it was still to no use, and he could only watch on helplessly as Kurumi was transported into a portal, leaving only the hand-guy and the mist-guy there.

"AARRGGH" Absolutely raging, All Might became more and more careless in fighting, and was losing to the thing, but then he heard Izuku's voice.

Before he knew it, Izuku's arm helped block an incoming blow, but he broke his arm in the process.

This was the wake up call he needed, and he soon regained composure.

It was then that the hand-boy started laughing and introduced himself.

"HAHA! All Might! What a sight you are right now. Oh sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. My name's Shigaraki, and this is Kurogiri. We're here for two things, Kurumi, and your death...."