~○21○~

Trying to protect yourself from all sorts of danger is important.

You have to be strong and will-powered to overcome the broken and unsteady path in life.

Just like that, to protect the one thing he cherishes the most in life, Yo had to do a lot of things. Even if it is to kill the people close to him.

Yes, Yo had several thoughts going around in his head. He had to protect Sang Hyun for his sake. He loves her too much to let her go. Too much to the extent he was obsessed with her.

Sleeping beside her, Yo held her tightly in his embrace. Afraid that she would dissappear from him. He occasionally kissed her cheeks and smiled at the thought of having her with him.

Years ago, he despised the girl. Yo was irritated having her around the palace. Listening to her giggles, playing with his brothers and being loved for her adorable looks. He hated that she got attention from almost everyone.

But now, he could never think of a day without her. Seeing her smile, makes his day brighter. Holding her close to him helps him sleep peacefully at nights. Sang hyun is someone who is like a lifeline to Yo. Without her, Yo would not exist.

Yo had been thinking about the vision he saw sometime ago. What did that mean? Why does it feel like he's going to suffer a sad life? What is going to happen in future? Will he be able to live a long life with his beloved?

Yo had killed the king, not for his mother's sake, but for Sang Hyun's sake. He needed power to have her. If Yo hadn't become a king , he wouldn't be able to stop the wedding of Sang Hyun.

He had many plans to protect the throne as well. And for that, Yo had to do things that are despicable.

Few weeks later, everything was going well. That's what Sang Hyun was thinking. The girl was now betrothed to King Jeongjong( our Yo). Sang hyun was sipping her chamomile tea in the garden when suddenly, Han Seo rushed to her.

"My lady, you have to come, it's a big mishap. The king is about to kill the 10th prince and his wife".

Hearing this Sang Hyun was shocked. She started running to the place where the fight was happening.

Sang hyun saw Yo on the building with an arrow aimed at the 10th prince Wang Eun. She looked around to see soldiers all with a sword ready to kill them. Wang So and Wang Jung were trying to stop them. Soon-Deok was fatally injured and bleeding on the ground.

Sang hyun had to stop this from happening. She cannot let him kill the innocent young couple. So she decided to intervene.

Yo had shot his arrow once on Eun, making him fall on his knees. And then he aimed the second one and shot it...... but that is when somehow Sang Hyun came infront of Eun and protected him. The arrow had pierced Sang Hyun's shoulder making her cry in pain and bleed.

Yo was struck with shock and terror. His jaw dropped seeing his darling hurt and bleeding because of him.

Everyone there gasped seeing this. The princes were worried for the girl. Yo gulped the lump in his throat and called her name silently..

" Sang hyun. Darling why, why would you do something like this? You could've died? Why...?!!"

"If I died and that would stop you from brutally killing others, I would gladly give up my life".

Sang hyun was breathing heavily in pain. Yo had gripped the bow in anguish. He never thought of anything but to kill them who would be a threat to his life. But now seeing his beloved in pain ready to sacrifice her life to stop him from doing harm, something struck in him. His heart ached to see her in pain.

"Let them go Yo. They would never ever think of harming you. Eun and Soon-Deok are innocent and young. They deserve to live a long and happy life. Killing innocent lives would not do anything good to you. J- just stop killing innocent lives".

Eun was crying seeing that his friend was trying to sacrifice herself to protect him and his wife.

By this time, Sang Hyun had fallen to the ground and fainted. Wang Jung had quickly carried Sang Hyun whereas Wang So had helped Eun stand up and carried Soon-Deok to the doctors.

Sometime later, in Damiwon, Soon-Deok, Wang Eun and Sang Hyun were brought. Hae Soo gasped seeing three of them covered in blood. She and other servants had immediately started to tend to the three.

Hearing the news Baek Ah had rushed to Damiwon to see them. He cried seeing his brother and wife hurt. Hearing that Sang Hyun had intervened to save them and got shot made him sob. Baek Ah adored Sang Hyun alot. He went near her and caressed her face. And then he slowly leaned and kissed her forehead.

Few moments later, the king or Yo had barged into Damiwon and searched for Sang Hyun. And when he found her in a room lying down with her left shoulder bandaged. She looked pale. Yo touched her face cautiously as to not disturb her.

And that is when Hae soo entered. She was startled seeing Yo in here. Yo sensed someone entering and turned to see that it was Hae soo. He questioned her about Sang Hyun's health to which she replied that Sang Hyun was safe from danger. But because of the injury she came down with fever and that she would not be able to lift her hand for a few weeks.

Yo nodded to that and lifted Sang Hyun in bridal style and started walking out of the room. Hae Soo tried to oppose but one single glare from Yo and she shut her mouth.

Yo had reached the palace and took her to his room and laid her down softly on the bed. He caressed her face and put a stray piece of hair behind her ear.

Yo carefully but passionately kissed her lips.

He sucked her lower lips sensually and then detached himself from her.

Yo pecked her once again and ordered his Eunuch to call the royal doctor.

The doctor visited and checked Sang Hyun. He assured the king that the lady was fine and wrote a few medicines to be given once she wakes up and he left.

Yo had stayed with her all the time. A day had passed and it was around 9pm at night. Sang Hyun slowly gained consciousness and looked around the surroundings. The girl couldnt see properly and adjusted her vision and she tried to get up but her shoulder was aching. Before she could do something, someone had came to help her. The person had gently lifted her up and made her sit with the help of a pillow behind her.

Sang rubbed her eyes and saw a face close to her.

" Yo...!!"

Read, comment and VOTE!!