Chapter 4: Fraternizing With The Enemy

There's bustles of laughter and chatting as the teams make their way back into the warmth of the cabin and you immediately start stripping out of your snow gear.

You were still absolutely buzzing from the win, but competitiveness aside you were also very happy about the great time spent with your friends. Maybe you were a little bit harsh with your disliking of filming, you could feel your creative spark coming back after being M.I.A in Smosh videos for so long.

"Who wants some coco?" You hear Keith call out enthusiastically, holding up a bag of marshmallows and the coco mix. He gets responses left and right in agreement as he starts to fire up a kettle and Olivia joins him for some extra hands.

Your heart warms at the fact the coco tradition lives on. Well...you guess it made more sense to have hot chocolate in the winter rather than the summer. Never mind that, it was still a tradition in your heart and you would stubbornly keep it that way.

You walk into the living room with a subconscious smile, seeing all of your friends huddled together and having conversations.

You noticed a spot in between Mari and Shayne and sneakily squeeze between them.

You can't help but drift your eyes towards Shayne with a slight smirk and slinging your arm around his shoulder, "How's it hanging in loserville?"

Shayne scoffed, offended, but you saw the way his lips curled up slightly. "I think you're riding this win a little too hard." He comments, grabbing your arm and tossing it off of his shoulder halfheartedly.

"I can name something else she'd want to–" Mari starts her comment offhandedly and your automatic response is to smack her on her shoulder.

"Mari!" The voice that escapes you is pitched up an octave and the hair on your arms stand at attention. Heat rises to your face just thinking of how she was going to end that sentence.

You glance over at Shayne who is also coloured in a shade of red, trying to avoid all eye constant possible as Mari loudly laughs at the both of you.

"You guys are such prudes!" She scoffs, shoving you a little which deepens your misery more.

You couldn't help but take slight offence to that comment. You weren't a prude...you just weren't adjusted to hearing those kinds of jokes again, especially in relation to Shayne. You could feel your stomach twist at the thought, and you couldn't quite place if it was good or bad.

A steaming hot mug catches the focus of your eyes, not giving you the chance to even fantasize or entertain those thoughts.

"Thanks Liv." You mutter with a lopsided smile as you take the mug into your own hands. It warms them quick, and you lightly blow into the mug before bringing it to your lips and taking a small sip. You hoped if anybody asked about your red face you could blame it on the steam from the hot chocolate.

When all of the mugs are handed out among the group, there's loud conversations and laughter from each side of the room. You couldn't seem to find the words to join into one, more focused on watching the brown liquid swirl with the white of melted marshmallows.

What catches your attention is the clanking of some bottles being pulled out of god knows where.

"How about we really get this party started!" Anthony hoots holding the bottles proudly in his hands with an evil smirk.

Tons of voices jump up in agreement and everyone gathers around the brunette giddily as he sets out shot glasses on the island in the kitchen.

You lag a little bit behind, a bit nervous to join in the rowdiness. You weren't big on drinking and your stomach started to hurt just looking at the bottle of Don Julio.