Chapter 2: A Ceremonious Start

By the time the both of you reach the cabin, your hands are stark white and your face is red patched. In hindsight, it was definitely a bad idea to initiate a snowball fight with no gloves.

It hurt to drag your suitcase inside, hands aching from being so cold, but you managed. Noah wasn't in the best condition either. You knew that windbreaker was bad news.

"There you guys are." You heard a voice in the distance while you closed the door behind yourself. Noah didn't even wait to see who it was, immediately darting off to get changed into warmer clothes.

"Woah," Shayne stopped in his tracks after seeing the state you were in. You couldn't blame him, you probably looked like a shivering wet dog seeing as your hair was now completely soaked and sticking to your forehead.

"Take a picture it'll last longer." You said bitterly, kicking off your boots to reveal damp socks. The worst possible thing to ever happen to a human being.

"Let me take this for you." He didn't take your sour mood to heart, and he moved to grab your suitcase.

You said a barely audible, "Thank you." While shucking off your coat and hanging it up with the rest. Your toes felt like they were on fire adjusting to the vast difference in temperature which causes you to waddle all the way to the living room, Shayne in tow.

"You should probably go take a shower," The blonde suggests, ditching your suitcase and coming up behind you. His arms wrap around you in attempt to share his body heat. "You're freezing cold."

You let out a peaceful hum, soaking in as much body heat as you could, barely feeling guilty that you were getting Shayne cold in the process. "If you stand here cuddling me for about 30 minutes I think I'll be okay." You say contently, eyes closed and trying to get impossibly closer.

His laugh shakes your back, "You can't just steal all of my heat." Shayne rolls his eyes and hugs you tighter.

"I could because I know you'd let me."

"Shut up and go." His voice is flustered as he pushes you away lightly, feeling a little embarrassed.

"Fine." You groan, dragging out the 'e'. "As long as I can steal some clothes, I don't feel like digging through my suitcase right now."

Shayne sighs and shakes his head, trying his best to hide his smile. "First bedroom on the left, black suitcase. Now get going."

You smile brightly and press a chaste kiss to his cheek. "Thank you my little honey bunny." You say in a teasing voice while pinching his cheeks which were turning red.

His face is painted in that shade as he softly shoves you to get a move on while you snicker, it was too easy.

***

The steam pours out of the open door as you walk out feeling warm and refreshed. You were proudly unashamed of using all of the hot water, you deserved it after all, snowball fights were tough.

You start to walk through the hallways of the cabin quietly, it was already nightfall by the time you were done your shower because the bus arrived up the snowy mountains later than expected.

You proceed to make your way to the room you knew was Shayne's.

"Anybody home?" You greet, peaking your head through the door.