Prologue

With the final click of a mouse, you let out a relieved sigh and smiled happily as you leaned back into your chair. Another successfully edited Smosh video ready to upload.

It may seem weird to some to shut down the opportunity you were given to become a full fledged member of the Smosh Squad, but you preferred to keep your position as an editor. It kept you away from constant prying eyes and media vultures, just the way you liked it.

Although past adventures with the Smosh family have taught you to toughen your skin and forget about what other people think of you...many discussions with a therapist gave rhyme and reason to your concern. It gave you the proper validation of your feelings about not wanting to be a full-time internet personality.

Feeling a little tense from sitting in the same spot for so long, you lean back even further into your chair, squeezing your eyes shut and letting out a big yawn while simultaneously stretching your arms as far as they go in hopes for some muscle relaxation.

What you didn't expect to see when you opened your eyes was piercing blues to be staring back at you.

"Jesus Christ!" You squeaked, nearly jumping out of your chair and placing a frantic hand on your beating heart. You take a few seconds before glaring at the man who was currently hunched over with boisterous laughter shaking his body.

"Uncool, Shayne!" You hissed with a twinge of annoyance, said person still laughing at your reaction. You furrowed your brows and puffed your cheeks.

Rolling your chair back over to your desk, you started to close all of your programs, trying your hardest to ignore the presence behind you.

"C'mon, Y/n." Shayne sighs out, catching his breath, "You know that was funny."

You continued to act annoyed while filing away videos and clips until you felt large hands start rubbing your shoulders and creeping their way down to your waist, making you shiver.

Too stubborn for your own good, you fought the blush creeping up your neck and tried your best to ignore the fingers circling around your waist as you continued to work.

"Y/nnnn!" Shayne whined.

It made you break your façade a little, cracking a small smile. He was never good with not having your attention at all times, which was very entertaining to you. You two were like golden retriever and black cat.

Shayne quickly grew frustrated and decided to try a different approach...which was to start shaking you.

You couldn't help but to burst into laughter, "Okay, I get it!" your voice broke between laughs and the shaking came to a halt. You tipped your head up to look at Shayne with a lopsided smile, "I'm sure you saw me at a very attractive angle while I was yawning my face off."

"Every angle I see you from is attractive."

Your face started to burn bright from embarrassment as you halfheartedly pushed his face away, "Kiss ass."

He chuckled a little before grabbing your cheek gently and bringing you into a Spider-Man-esque peck on the lips, making your face feel even warmer.

Ever since Summer Games, it was weird to say the least adjusting to the new atmosphere between you and Shayne.

It was obvious to any outside perspective that it was a sort of puppy love, still in the beginning stages, and to you that was scary. You've only had a few partners prior to this new 'relationship' (you were still unsure if it were seriously official) and the last one you were in took a serious mental toll on you.

If anything, it made you sort of non-committal.

It was scary learning how to trust again. You built up all of these walls, some mental part of your brain creating an impenetrable shield to your heart.