8.5

<<He could be a sinner, or a gentleman
He could be a preacher when your soul is damned
He could be a lawyer on a witness stand
But he'll never love you like I can>>

Pietro's P.O.V.

"Pietro, this is wrong."

"No, it's not."

"Then why do I feel guilty?"

"We are doing this for Sky, shut up."

Vision and I were currently four tables behind where Sky and her date was. Yes, I know that spying on her date's wrong. Vision and Wanda have already expressed me that numerous times, but this is for Sky. For all we know, this guy could be a murderer or a rapist. It's better to be on the safe side.

"Vision, can you run a scan on the guy? Get me everything you can about him." I ask.

"Pietro, I still don't feel-"

"If you want to, as Tony says, 'get it on' with my sister, you will do this for me." I plead.

"Fine." He says, sighing.

"Name, James Collins. Occupation, researcher at a company called OSCORP. Interests, reading, writing, music: preferably indie or alternative, skiing, working, researching." Vision says in a monotone voice.

"Woah. Didn't even know that was part of your skill set." I say impressed.

"Neither did I." He answers.

Shit. She's coming our way. Probably shouldn't pick a table close to the bathroom.

"Shit. She's coming. Menus up" I say to Vision as she was approaching. We hid our faces in the menus.

"I bet she left him cause she was bored out of her mind." I whisper to Vision. He just rolled his eyes at me.

"If I was the one to take her on a date, she'd never be bored. I'd take her to a carnival or an amusement park. And we'd play these mini games and I'd try to win the prizes for her. And then I'd fail, and she'd be the one to win prizes for me." I laugh.

"I knew you like her but I didn't think it would be this bad." Vision says.

He knew? I thought only Wanda would.

"You know?"

"Everyone does. Well, everyone except Sky. We even have a little bet going on."

"What bet?" I ask.

"How long it would take you to, in Tony's words, 'grow a pair and ask Sky out.'"

"She's back." I say as we put the menus down.

"Why is she even laughing?" I ask.

"Probably cause her date said something funny." Vision says.

"He's not even that attractive." I say and Vision just laughs.

"It's true. He has no muscle. He's too skinny. He looks like a dork. I mean, who wears oversized glasses? And please, I'm the only one who can wear the messy hair and make it look good. I don't know what she sees in him." I rant.

"He isn't horribly attractive, I'll give you that. But he isn't unattractive either, kinda like a much skinnier with glasses Andrew Garfield." Vision says.

"Ugh. Thought you were on my side." I mutter still looking at Sky and her date.

"Woah. I never said anything about being on your side." Vision says.

"Ohh. He's smart too. Graduated from college fairly early. He's a genius, in fact." Vision says.

I just groan. I see her date pay the bill. At least he's a gentleman. Wait, that means they're leaving.

"We gotta go." I tell Vision.

"What?" He asks, confused.

"I said, we have to go."

We rushed back to HQ. We sat down in the living room and he pulled out the book he was reading earlier.

"She's going to kill you." Vision says.

"She won't. Hey, what did you bet on the betting pool?" I ask.

"One more week." He says.

I smile, "Really?"

"Yeah. So you better get a move on."

A good five minutes have passed when Sky finally entered.

"How was the date?" I ask.

"Good. He was such a sweetheart." She says.

"Oh. Really?" I ask.

"Yup. Hey, Vision." She greets.

"Hello, Sky." He greets, not looking up.

"So. What did you guys do today?" She asks, eyebrows raised.

Fuck.

"Uhm. Just Chillin. Right, Vision?"

Please say yes. Please say yes.

"Yes." He says not looking up from the book.

"Okay, then." She leaves, to get changed

I sighed in relief.

"Oh. And by the way, I knew you were there." She calls out, smirking.

Vision bursted out laughing.

"How?" I ask dumbfounded.

"Maybe you shouldn't whisper so loudly." She whisper-yelled.

"How much did you hear?" I ask.

"Just me being bored out of my mind."

I mentally sighed.

"And by the way, I wasn't." She says.

"What?" I ask.

"Bored. I really did in fact had a wonderful date, we had agreed on a second one." She says leaving the room.

"Lovely." I mutter.

At least she didn't kill me, right?

A/N: YAYS. Lyrics from these two chapters are from Sam Smith's Like I Can. Also, Sky's got herself a boyfriend? How will dear Pietro cope? We all know what this means, BOYS NIGHT OUT! (;