24: messed up

I wait outside the room, leaning on the wall and close my eyes for a moment. It was really hard for both of us. I thought i could bare with him since these months he barely makes time for me, but the truth is he try to avoid me meeting his parents cuz he already knows about what will happen when I meet them.

I take my time and wipe my tears before knocking on his door, I slowly pulled the door knob and enter his room.

I forced smile and try to act like nothing happened, "hoon I'm here!!" I said and show the food I bought with me. He look up with quickly wipe his tears, it broke my heart seeing him like this.

"Let's eat first!! The food will get cold" I said after serving the food, I sit on the other side and wait for him to eat. He smile and take a bite from my food, he force his smile and hold his tears back. "I buy you a cake, let's lit up the candle once you're done eating.." I clear my throat.

I can't even act as if I'm okay, the words keep replaying on my mind. It hurt so much like my chest gonna burst out.

"it's so delicious love." he said and finish the food at once, I'm surprised that he can force himself to eat until can finish the food. "Wow you eat a lot!! now let's lit the candle!" I clap happily and take out the cake. After I'm done lit up the candle, sunghoon did nothing except he just look down not saying anything.

"you hear everything right?" he said as his face darken, his eyes red and hot tears running down his face.

"you're there when father said about the-" before he can continue I cut him off, " forget about that, there's no time for that. Today supposed to be your day, but someone ruined it. let's forget about that and enjoy the moment.." my voice crack as I force myself to smile when the tears falling out from my eyes.

"happy birthday to you.. h-happy birthday to you.. happy birthday to sunghoo-" I can't finished the song and burst into tears, cupping my face with my own hands and cried out. Sunghoon get up from his seat and walk toward me , bending down to me.

"Why it's need to be like this?" I said between the sob, "I'm sorry.." he said, trying to reach for my hands.

I get up from my seat before taking my things, "I need time.. please let me take a few days off " I said and wipe my tears, he hold my hands pleading me from go. "sorry.. please love don't make me like this.. I discussed with my parents " he burst to tears. "no sunghoon, your parents doesn't like me. I can't be the perfect girl they want like heewon." I told him and slowly pushed his hands away from me and get out from the room.

I walk back to home with sadness, I look like crazy person. Why can't I be enough?

This is what I afraid of when I'm in love with him, he came from wealthy family and I came from poor family. They probably choose someone who's wealthy too instead of choosing people like me.

It's hurt..

I don't know what to do anymore, I can't think of anything.

When I arrived at home I get straight to my room, ignoring jungwon who's calling me from the back. "I don't want anyone to come here today, don't let anyone in " I said and lock the door. I end up bursting to tears when the memories flashing back.

I fell asleep without knowing I found myself on the bed when I wake up, jungwon probably bring me to bed,he must have found another key . I don't know what to say to him when he ask about this. Excuse won't do, he will get suspicious about it. My body feel so ache as I get up from the bed and get out from the room.

It's 5pm in the evening, there's no one in living room. I only found myself staring at outside view from our homes, it's gonna get dark soon. I look at the table and see the food that supposed I eat. Jungwon must've gone out with his friends. He make me a porridge that already get cold, " I thought he don't know to cook" I chuckled and sit on the chair before eating the food.