"Why don't you go back upstairs and put that cute little dress back on?"

"What?" She giggled. "Why?"

"Although I'd love to see you standing there in a towel, that little thing did a number on me earlier. I'd fuck you so good in that thing. Aaron can watch" I winked.

"Oh my God." I watched as she squeezed her legs together.

Checkmate.

"You sure that wasn't the drugs? Or Zoe?" She countered.

"Jealous?"

"Yes." I wasn't expecting that. She knew I wasn't. I could tell by the way her eyes darted in the opposite direction.

"Well, how do you think I feel?" Taking my first swig from my new bottle of tequila, I shouldered pass her, but I didn't leave her side before saying, "Go get dressed, please." She did.

THE NIGHT WAS COMING TO AN END. Everyone had left and Loki had cleaners getting his house back to normal. The entire crew stayed behind, too trashed to make it home. Zack and Vanessa were cuddling up on the couch. Imagine that. Aaron crashed in one of the guestrooms, just as I planned. Maxine and Sevyn were snuggling on the rug, scrolling through their phones. I was standing at the kitchen island, still drinking. Giselle was sitting alone on the couch opposite Vanessa and Zack. The way she kept looking up at me, I knew she'd make her way over soon.

"I want to thank all of you for a great night. I love you guys." Loki was on his way up the stairs. "I can't hang. It's three in the morning and I'm about to pass out until Sunday."

"Goodnight", "Thanks", "We love you" were a few of the shouts he got back. I just raised my bottle in his direction.

Giselle began her angelic glide over to face me. Watching every step she took, holding my breath as I anticipated the conversation she'd cooked up in her head. Her face was so peaceful. Why would God make a woman so beautiful and appealing to every piece of my appetite just to attach her to another man?

"Still drinking?"

"Yup." My voice came out raspy and grungy. I almost didn't recognize it.

"Angel, are you okay?"

"Nope."

"Well, can we talk about it?"

"I'm glad you put that dress back on. You look amazing."

"Seriously." Giselle turned to look back at our friends, all spread out around the living room.

"Here." I put the top of the bottle to her lips and poured her an estimated double shot. I took one after her, though I didn't need it.

"How are you functioning right now?"

"The pain in my heart is keeping me alive."

Giselle walked up into my face. So close, I could feel her breathing on my lips. "I'm sorry."

"Yeah?" I turned my head away from her.

"You don't have to poison yourself over me."

"Giselle." I turned back to look at her, pulling her by her waist. "You broke my heart—". Voice cracking, heart suddenly aching from the sound of those words, a tear escaped my left eye. It broke her just as badly as it had broken me. I took in air with a shaky breath.