31

"Ummm... what?" Hana gasped.

"I have to leave," I turned to her "You said I could..."

Before I could complete the sentence, Taehyung held my wrist and pulled me up. He started walking towards a more private part of the deck but Hana stood up and held my hand too.

"Not so fast mister" she narrowed her eyes "Where do you think you're taking her?"

Taehyung turned around, looked at her hand linked with mine, then at me, then back at her.

"Stay out of it" he hissed.

Right at that moment, Namjoon arrived too and held his fiancee's shoulders, calming her down.

"Taehyung..." I mumbled, hating myself for ever stopping by at Rosa's. I wasn't angry at her, I was angry at myself.

He kept walking. My vision blurred with tears so I lost all focus of direction. When we stopped, I realised we were in a bedroom and he was locking the door.

"What would you have me do, huh?" he asked.

"Let me go back" I sobbed a little.

"i'm talking about us. About this situation"

"I don't know. I just wanna go back" I started crying as I sat on the bed.

"Y/n... no..." his expressions softened and he came to my side, sitting down next to me "I can't see you cry. It puts me in physical pain to see you cry so don't..."

"What about my pain? I asked "They're saying you'll get married to that other girl..."

"It's just papers... just business..."

"What about me? How will the world look at me? Just as your mistress?" 

"Why do you care about the world?"

"Why do you?"

"Because I always have but you never did"

"This is different. I- I can't live like this, being 'the other woman". Oh God, it's hurting me even to say that. This isn't what I have wanted for my life and I'm not about to let this happen to me"

"My father made me promise that I'll protect KBE and it's the only way. Her father will eventually be the president, and he'll get the power to harm or benefit the empire somewhat, even if not that tremendously. Livelihood of thousands of families depends on that..."

I nodded.

"Okay, go ahead. Marry your queen. But I'm no mistress and never will be. I've sacrificed too much of my self respect for love, it's about time I sacrificed love for self respect"

"Y/n this will never change anything..."

"Oh it will change everything. It's speculations on the news now, then it'll be every billboard in the city and every ad on my phone, with you next to your 'wife', and I'll be just some miserable 'gold digging whore' for anyone who ever sees me with you"

"It's not like that y/n, even without... her, I wouldn't put you through the misery of becoming my 'queen' without thinking twice. Kims' Palace, is a place that destroys souls. You'd always be followed around by maids, made to eat an organic, healthy diet approved only by the dietician, and wear only what is approved for the daughter in law. It'll be like your Sunhee scenario but thousands of times worse. If I know you well, you're probably the one person who can't survive a day there"

"Well, t-that's great then. This settles it. Let's just break up then"

"Y/n? Are you even aware of what you just said?"

"If it's going to end in a heartbreak anyway, let's just keep what's left of our hearts and leave"

"There's nothing left y/n, nothing"He said as he brushed my cheek with a thumb.

"I can't be the other woman, Taehyung. I'll rather die..."

"No," he cut me off abruptly.

"I will..."

He didn't let me complete and covered my lips with his just to stop me from talking, but then slowly, like slow waves crashing insistently against the shore, his lips started moving and kissing me deeper. I was in too much of pain to respond in any way, positive or negative, and for some reason his warm lips eased the pain of my heart just that little. 

His hand slipped between my legs as he pushed me back on the bed gently.

"I can't give you up... you're my meaning of happiness... my very own little ray of sunshine... I can't feel anything if I'm not feeling it for you... whether it's good or bad... Love, jealousy, tenderness, lust... so much of it..." His deep, husky voice whispered in my ear as his warm breath gave me goosebumps.

My eyelids got heavy as the drug of his touch, of his scent and of his mere presence rushed through my veins. He continued.

"And I want you to know, wherever this thing goes, you stay. You'll stay... if I have to be selfish for that, I'll do that. If I have to be the bad guy, I'll be just that. To have you" I gasped as I felt him push into me "over and over like this,  I'll do the worse... so just... stay..."