CH.10

(Bandit)
This Chapter of Bluey's Kaleidoscope is called:
•[Rock-A-Bye Melancholy Heart]•

Today, Chilli had invited you to come along to a picnic with two other moms that were also the moms of Bluey's friends. So far, there were a few unexpected turns. One; Theo's father has to work extremely late and asked Chilli if she could watch over his son, which his father deemed that Theo needs supervision. Two; one of your other friends, Zara, happened to be practicing her football skills aka soccer at this specific field park.

"I am CAPTAIN UNDERDOG!!!"

"Well, I am Zara the Goberian!!!"

"Please, tell me that you are NOT referring to yourself as a Sonic the Hedgehog character. So overrated."

"Hey, no hate. Captain Shawl-Man. Besides, a wise lady once said—NO CAPES!" Zara had grabbed the picnic blanket which Theo tied around his shoulders as a cape and she yanked it over his head.

You watch with amusement yet second hand embarrassment at your two friends as they bickered. Bluey was just giggling at their antics and greeted two of her friends. A pink poodle and a sausage dog.

"It's a good thing we picked up extra sandwiches and drinks." Chilli said and the other two mothers agreed.

You made your way to a decent tree with good shade and placed the cooler and picnic basket down. Theo laid out the blanket with Zara's help. "What do you think Ida and Antoine are up to?" You ask.

"Beats me. All of us have our own little world we enjoy." The female Goberian easily climbs up the tree and hangs upside down.

"Wow! Can I climb up too?" Bluey says beside you, her tail wagging.

"Sorry, Bluey. It's a bit dangerous for your age." You say and pat her head.

Zara nods, "Buuuut, if you keep eating healthy and get a lot of exercise, then you'll be able to climb up very easily, like me." She lands on her feet with caution. "See? And a lot of practice is worth it."

"Oh. Well, I'm going to go play with my friends then." Bluey runs off with her two friends.

"Gets side tracked very easily, that one." You shake your head with amusement and lay down a few away from the picnic blanket to bask in the sun.

Theo and Zara laid down with you. Not much is said for a few minutes and dozing off seemed like a swell idea, until Zara broke the peaceful atmosphere. "Sooo, I know basking in the sun is relaxing and all, buuuut I see a grassy hill calling my name." She gestured toward the steep slope of grass. On top was the street, but luckily the gates were there. "I also don't want to roll down the slope by myself."

You shrug and yawn, "Not my problem." Suddenly, you're being dragged by your feet and grip the grass. "I'm not going!"

"Too bad, you're either going willingly or I drag you by force." Zara is holding onto your ankle.

"I'll help!" Theo grabs your other ankle. "HEAVE!!!" He shouts.

You try to kick their hands away with no success.

"We've got a live one today!" Theo laughs out loud when you glare at him. "And it does not look too happy."

"No, duh." Eventually, you give up and let your friends drag you to the hill. "Luckily, we haven't had anything to eat yet. Don't want to be barfing all over the place." You and Zara side eye Theo.

He sticks his tongue out, "I have an excuse because I was dared into downing Pop-Rocks and Diet Soda. I know I shouldn't have done that, but I wanted to have fun like all of you, so don't try to lecture me, Zara."