CH.6

(Frisky)
This Chapter of Bluey's Kaleidoscope is called:
•[The Climb]•

One thing, the older blue heeler hated most, was the one day of the week where one outside chore mocked him at its start. Sure, there are daily chores to do, but those were easy compared to this specific one.

Mowing the lawn.

"Rgh! Rgh! Come on!"

Bandit's struggling grunts were heard from outside and it was loud enough to cause you to wake up. The opened window of Bluey and Bingo's room was the first thing you saw. Bright and sunny day, maybe a tad bit hot. Luckily, the breeze coming in felt nice.

The sounds of a machine trying to start and Bandit's growls start up again, definitely frustrated. "Rgh! Come on!" He definitely forgot to keep the noise to a minimum for you.

Still quite drowsy, you neatly fix Bluey's bed and toss your balled up blanket into your room before walking downstairs to the kitchen patio. Chilli didn't seem to be anywhere, the girls were most likely at school, and Bandit was out in the backyard.

"Look. I don't ask for much." He sounded out of breath. "Just once a week, you've just gotta start once a week, so I could mow that lawn. Okay?" Bandit definitely sounded like he was trying to convince the mower to work. "I need you to start. So let's work together. Come on." He glared. "Every week you do this, but THIS week we're going to start it."

You watched with great amusement as Bandit kept pulling the string to start the mower with no success.

"Okay! Let's go! START! Ah, Ah, Ah! Start!" He yelled out and fell to his knees, seeming about to cry. "No! Come on!"

You grimace as he kicks the mower, only to hurt his ankle.

"Ow." There's a deep breath to calm down. "Okay. Here we go. Friendly." He began to name all the reasons so the mower could turn on. "You only have to do one thing. All you've gotta do is start, so we could mow the lawn. You don't have to pick up kids, you don't have to make lunches, you don't have to make the beds. So work with me here! Here we GO! COME ON!"

The starter is pulled once again and this time the mower starts.

"Ah! YES! I love you, Mower! I knew you'd start." He hugs the mower and kisses the handle. "Muah!!! Now let's mow this lawn! Ha ha ha ha!"

You hold back a cackle at Bandit's excitement at mowing the lawn and end up snickering.

The front door opened and laughter from Chilli and another female dog made your ear twitch. "I mean, why would he just leave you for someone like that?! One thing is for sure, he will never find someone like you again. You're the most amazing girl, Frisk."

"Yeah, I am....but apparently it wasn't good enough for him."

The two stopped in the doorway to the kitchen after noticing your presence. The other heeler next to Chilli had white, orange, and cream colored fur along with her hair in a long ponytail.

"Good Afternoon, Frizzyhead. I'm guessing you just got up. Sleep well?" Chilli hugged you and kept an arm around you.

You grew embarrassed and tried to fix your fur. "Yeah."

"That's good. You needed it and I brought back a club sandwich and chips for you." She placed a plastic bag in front of you. "Oh, Frisky. This is (Y/n)." She said proudly and kissed the top of your head before going to the fridge.

Frisky's mood brightened and she smiled kindly at you. "Hello, (Y/n)! I'm so happy to finally meet you. Chilli had been talking so much about you, even before you came to live here." She leans in a little like she's going to tell a secret, "They're crazy, aren't they?"