CH.8

(Stripe)
This Chapter of Bluey's Kaleidoscope is called:
•[BBQ]•

"Is it okay if I take a walk around the neighborhood?" You couldn't shake off the load of restlessness that wanted to burst out of your system.

Bandit and Chilli looked up from their late morning relaxation and the girls were playing down in the playroom. They smiled and nod in agreement. "Go for it, Kiddo. Just be back before the barbecue starts." Bandit gives a thumbs up. "My bike is down in the garage if you want to take it, but you'll have to unlatch Bingo's safety seat." Chilli suggested.

You grin and walk backwards out the kitchen. "Thanks. I promise I'll be back before then."

"Hold up." Bandit reached into his wallet and pulled out $10. "You never know." He winks.

You didn't really want to take it, but you thank him and head out to the garage.

The red bike with a wooden basket in the front stood out, so you unlatched the safety seat and pedal out onto the sidewalk after closing the garage door shut. At the foot of the cul-de-sac hill, it gave more view of more homes and all the small forest areas. You had your phone for calls and SAT-NAV if you got lost. Nothing to worry about just as long as you get rid of the nagging butterflies.

A small squeak of the brakes and the bike stopped not even an inch away from the previous spot.

You turn to look at the Heeler house and take a deep breath in.

A few times, you had run away from your so-called 'homes' and you did not want to go back to those negative surroundings. Not even attempting to let anyone know of your whereabouts. Except, this time? You want to make sure you go back home safely.

With a quick text to Bandit's phone, you push the bike forward and descend down the hill. The wind blows back your fur and you feel your heart leap at the freeriding speed. When there's other dogs on the sidewalk, you easily move to the side or onto the road, of course, looking out for vehicles. A lot of houses had plants hanging up on the porches and flower bushes outside the fences. Some dogs would wave at you which you politely, yet sheepishly smile in return.

There's quite a few parks around this area and you slow down to take a random selfie.

"Nice wheels, Mate. It's even got a basket. Nice."

You feel a punch to your arm as you roll your eyes, "Hardy har-har. Not mine, just borrowing it for now."

Theo drapes an arm over your shoulders, "Cool, but seriously. A bicycle with a basket is pretty useful. What are you doing out by yourself?"

You shrug, "The Heeler's are having a Barbecue and I'm going to be meeting Bandit's brother and his family. I just needed to get rid of the jitters. You?"

"My little brother likes to come to the park, especially when I'm visiting." Theo turns toward the park area and you see a small light brown cavoodle swinging with an older female cavoodle pushing him. They wave at you guys, which you both wave back. "I wish my dad and Dougie's dad got along, so we could all enjoy a moment together."

You hum and watch Theo's mom and little brother laugh. "Your mom and little brother are happy you're here with them. It's easy to see."

"Yep. That's what matters most." Theo began to sign with his hands while his mom did the same. It still amazes you when Theo has a silent conversation. "Alright, let's go." He hops onto the carrier and you nearly tip over.

"Huh?" You raise a brow and regain the balance on the bike.

"I told my mom that I would hang out with you for a while. You seem like you need it." Theo jabs your back and points forward. "Now onward my noble steed!"