•A Scandal In Belgravia: Part Three•

Chapter Three: Buckingham Palace(No Seriously)

John and I stood in the middle of a great room, chandeliers over our heads and sofas on either side of a table in the middle. On the table was a neatly organised pile of clothes, staring at me and John. I looked to the doorway to see Sherlock there, wrapped in a single bed sheet. I felt my eyes widen, then immediately close in confusion and utter nonsense. My fingers came to my head as I shook it, then sat down on the couch. Sherlock came over to where John was, across from me, and sat next to him.

"Are you wearing any pants?" John asked him.
"No." Sherlock said, in the most uncaring way.
"Okay." John said, ending his phrase with a sigh.
I lifted my head to see them glance at each other before they burst out laughing, a complete foil to the embarrassment and frustration I felt.
"Buckingham Palace, fine." John joked, gesturing around the room. "I'm seriously fighting the impulse to steal an ashtray."

"What are we doing here?" I asked finally, stealing the words from John.
"I don't know." Sherlock said, a smile still lingering from the laughing.
"Here to see the Queen?" John joked.
"Apparently yes." Sherlock said, causing them to start laughing again. It's then I notice Sherlock's brother standing in the doorway in exasperation.
"Just once, can you two behave like grown-ups?" He asked.
"Well he solves crimes, I blog about it, she follows, he forgets his pants, so I wouldn't hold too much hope." John explained.
"I wasn't talking about your niece, Dr. Watson." Mycroft sneered. I crossed my arms as I saw Sherlock and his brother glare at each other.

"I was in the middle of a case, Mycroft." Sherlock whined, any amusement gone.
"What, the hiker and the backfire? I glanced at the police report. Bit obvious, surely?" Mycroft boasted.
"Transparent." Sherlock said.
I stepped back as Mycroft picked up the clothes and shoes from the table, showing Sherlock.
"We are in Buckingham Palace, the very heart of the British nation. Sherlock Holmes, put your trousers on!" He ordered, hinting toward how Sherlock was terribly underdressed. To be honest though, I was still in my black jeans and blue hoodie, but at least I had clothes on.

"May I apologise for the state of my little brother?" Mycroft asked his friend.
"Full time occupation, I imagine?" He responded, then turned to John, ignoring Sherlock's scowl.
"And this must be Doctor John Watson, formerly of the Fifth Northumberland Fusiliers."
"Hello, yes." John said.
"My employer is a tremendous fan of your blog." he said as they shook hands.
"Your employer?"
"Yes, particularly enjoyed the one about the aluminium crutch."

Leaving John looking smug, he looked to me.
"And this is..." He began.
"Oh um... Aspen Watson." I said, "John's niece."
"Pleasure, Aspen." the man said, then smiled before going back to Sherlock.

"And Mr. Holmes, the younger. You look taller in your photographs." he said.
"I take the precaution of a long coat and a short friend." Sherlock sneered. He then walked over to John and I quite abruptly, causing us to move out to the way as he approached his brother.
"Mycroft, I don't do anonymous clients. I'm used to mystery at one end of my cases. Both ends is too much work." Sherlock stated, then looked back at the three of us. "Good Morning."

Sherlock then began to head over to a threshold of the room, his sheet like silk trailing behind him before Mycroft stained the white with his dark coloured shoe. My palm snapped to my mouth as the sheet descended down his back, exposing his skin. Luckily, Sherlock caught it before the back of him was completely exposed, thank god. I could feel the ends of my lips tug up like they were on puppet strings in amusement.

"This is a matter of national importance. Grow up." Mycroft ordered Sherlock as he attempted to tug back his cloth.
"Get off my sheet!" He demanded, sounding like he spoke with gritted teeth.
"Or what?" Mycroft teased.
"Or I'll just walk away." Sherlock challenged.
"I'll let you." Mycroft scowled.
'Please don't.' I thought.
"Boys please, not here." John interjected.
"Who. Is. My. Client?!" Sherlock demanded once more.
"Take a look at where you're standing and make a deduction." Mycroft started. "You are to be engaged by the highest in the land. Now for God's sake ..." He looked behind him to the man he came in with. Sounding exasperated, he begged, "put your clothes on!"

*

Sorry this one took a while. School just ended for me today and I had some extra time on my hands so I thought I should update! Anyway the next one should be up sometime in the next few days and with summer updates will one quicker! Thanks!
~jedihobbitwizard