•A Scandal in Belgravia: Part Two•

Chapter Two: Move Along

I woke in the late morning the next day, the sun shining right into the sky my eyes mirrored. That didn't last long, because as soon as I saw it, the sun disappeared behind the clouds, never to be seen again. I lifted myself up from the pillow and released my thick hair from the braid it was in last night, feeling the straight locks attempt to be wavy. I swung my bare feet over the edge and onto the floor, stood, and went to the door.

There was another client sitting in the chair facing the fireplace, explaining his case. I walked through, and out of the corner of my eye I saw John glance at me before going back to the man, who had stopped at my presence.
"Don't mind that keep going." Sherlock said, and I looked at him. He continued as I poured a glass of water for myself, but winced as it slipped down the cup and onto the red dry that was my hands.

I heard footsteps that indicated he had left, and turned to Sherlock and John talking in front of an empty seat. I went over to them, but they didn't notice.
"Why can't you go?" John asked, a look of pure dissatisfaction on his face.
"I rate cases based on interest. Usually I don't leave the flat for anything less than a seven." Sherlock said.
"And what's this?" I mumbled, taking a sip of water. Sherlock glanced to me before going back to John.
"A six." He said.
*
Later, I sat in a car overlooking a green valley as John sat next to me working on a computer.
"No wifi." He said, then handed me the computer. "Be right back." And then went outside. After a few words, he beckoned me out of the car, and I zipped up my blue hoodie before hopping outside. The cool air slapped me in the face as I went over to John.

He took the computer and logged on, requesting a video call with Sherlock. I saw he answered, but wearing only a bedsheet.
"You know this is a tiny bit humiliating?" John began to speak.
"You're his daughter?" A man asked me. I turned to an officer and dug my hands in my pockets.
"Oh god no. I'm his niece." I said.
"Oh." he sighed, and smiled. "You know Sherlock Holmes?"
"Unfortunately." I said.

"... If you're thinking gunshot, there wasn't one. He wasn't shot, he was killed by a single blow to the back of his head from a blunt instrument which the magically disappeared along with the killer. That's gotta be an eight at least." I heard John explain to Sherlock over the chat before walking back towards the road. The man and I followed.

"You guys have two more minutes then I want to know more about the driver." He said, chiming into the conversation.
"Oh, forget him, he's an idiot." Sherlock shot down as he ran past me to catch up with John.
"I think he's a suspect!" He declared.
"Pass me over." Sherlock ordered John.
"Alright but there's a mute button and I will use it." John said, tilting the screen up and handing the computer over to the man.

I walked over to the street and sat down, half of my body on pavement and my feet resting on dewy grass. The usual was on my phone. A message from Wyatt, Molly and other alerts from my apps.

"Hey." John said, standing in front of me. I raised my eye brows in acknowledgement before going back to the ground I gazed at.
"You know your mum and I used to take you here for picnics when you were little." John said, and I could tell it was for himself, not for me. I stood up and put my hands back in their warm holes.
"Yeah. Was that before or after she started drinking?" I asked, not regretting a single word. John just looked at me before heading back over to the man talking to Sherlock.

"Wait- Sherlock what's going on? What-" John started, but Sherlock logged off before he could finish. He looked to me and handed me the computer, the screen still exposed. . "I lost him. I don't know what-"

"Mr. Watson?" Someone called as the came over.
"Yeah?" John asked.
"It's for you." He said, holding a phone.
"Okay thanks." John said, reaching to the phone.
"Uh, no sir. The helicopter." The man said, and the three of us looked over to a Helicopter landing at the edge of a river.

As John and I began to walk over to it, I closed the computer.
"You know what it's for?" I asked.
"No..." John said, getting into the Helicopter. "I guess we'll find out!"
"Yep." I said quietly.