𝟒𝟎|reunion

∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴

∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵(gif made by me)

∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵
(gif made by me)

The three non-invited Pogues retreated to Heyward's truck. They sat watching the house, keeping an eye out for any possible movement. JJ kept the engine running just like he had been asked to, all of them nervously waiting.

Callie pulled at the ends of her hair nervously, hoping that they would hear from Pope soon. This might have been their last shot to bring John B home and clear his name - they needed this to work.

"Look, if Limbrey is legit, then Ward gets arrested and maybe Sarah gets the gold," Kiara thought aloud. She was just as nervous as the others but unable to remain quiet.

Callie zoned out of what Kiara was saying when she saw the front door to the house open. Who she assumed was Mrs Limbrey walked out, followed by Pope and the man who had opened the door. He had his hand on Pope's shoulder, leading him into the yard.

The girl would have been entirely less worried if Pope hadn't looked back at them with wide, concerned eyes. "Guys, something's wrong."

"Yeah, does that look voluntary?" Kiara asked as she saw what Callie had seen.

JJ watched as the man shoved Pope, shaking his head, "That would be a negative."

"Come on."

As Kiara went to get out of the truck, Callie grabbed her arm. "Hang on. Just wait. They're going into the alley."

Kiara turned to JJ, "Go around the back."

The blond nodded, "Yeah. We'll meet them on the other side."

"Hey, be chill. Be chill."

JJ slowed down, driving just below the limit as he drove down the street trying to find the next turn. They had to figure out how to get to the back of the property or they were going to lose Pope. 

Turning down the closest sidestreet, they soon made another turn to be on the opposite side of the home. Unfortunately, all of the fences were much too high for them to be able to see anything.

JJ shook his head as he leaned forward to peer out the window past the two girls. They couldn't see anything, the walls being too high or gates getting in their way.

"Where did they go?" Kiara wondered aloud.

"What if they went underground?" JJ suggested. "Because in C.H.U.D., when they took people down into the sewers, it would turn them into humanoids 'cause of the radiation. And then all of a sudden-"

"JJ, I'm not sure where he's gone, but I guarantee you that this has no resemblance to C.H.U.D. whatsoever," Callie said, efficiently cutting him off. "Focus."