Interlude -1 - The first heartbreak

At Sheesh Mahal, Lucknow.

The whole palace's presence twinkled with the anklet sound of the twins running around the yard. Dressed in the traditional choli, the elder girl held the favorite doll of her younger sister in her arms where she teased and ran escaping from her infuriated sister who was as if she could lose her cool anytime.

" Riya, give my doll,"  screamed Khushi with a pissed tone where Riya made faces at her and ran ahead with the doll clutched close to her heart thud, she dashed into her favorite person, Aman Mathur, her lovable brother, who will lay the whole world at her feet.

Both of them fell down with the intensity of the hit, and Aman and Riya giggled seeing each other. Khushi came to them angrily, where she snatched her favorite doll from Riya and walked away not wanting to say anything to the brother and sister duo.

It was waste of time arguing with them and she knows it better!

" Why are you teasing her ?" asked Aman with a smile.

" Teasing your younger sister is always our right, and I won't let it go," said Riya with a giggling smile. 

" Then shall I tease you?" asked Aman pulling Riya's ears  with his mischievous tone where Riya saw him for a second and ran back to the main palace where Aman followed her back with a smile. 

As they did enter the Mahal, Khushi was seated along with Saanvi, Khushi 's mother with a traditional instrument, Veena.

Khushi had pestered her mother for singing the music for the day as she did reach her Mahal, to which her mother simply obliged listening her younger daughter wish.

Saanvi Mathur, was a simple lady, who always spent her time in household work. Her favorite time was when she did taught her Khushi to sing classical music with the strings of Veena playing along.

Riya's and Aman's most favorite moment was watching them both sing where they always come and sit beside them to hear the soulful music.

That day, as usual, they sat beside Khushi, where Khushi held the favorite doll on her lap, not wanting this duo to irritate her more.

She closed her eyes, to feel the strings of Veena where she also did start singing along with her mother, making the whole Mahal grace with their melodious voice.

Her lips had curved into a beautiful smile and her face expressed only the innocent child, who was enjoying her childhood to every bits.

But all of their attention was broken with the entrance of the owner of the Mahal, Subhadra Malik, where she came walking in to the hall, where they were seated with attitude and head weight.

" My son's will come any time soon, prepare snacks for them," she ordered in a ruthless tone, where Saanvi immediately stood up placing the Veena on the floor.

" Where is your pallu ?" asked Subhadra with a frown where Saanvi covered her head immediately with the pallu.

" You are the queen of Lucknow, so behave accordingly," she exclaimed with a complaining tone where Saanvi nods her head and left the kitchen.

Khushi, Aman and Riya stood up immediately once Saanvi did leave because they did know the devil would come to them only next.

" Khushi, Riya, clean this place. I don't want this messy instrument to irritate my son. I am asking Saanvi to throw them, but then she never obeys. What to do with an irresponsible daughter in law," she cursed shaking her head.

" Dadi, the one which you are telling as useless is goddess Saraswati for us. And if your curse her, then you will never get any sense in your life," said Riya replying back.