Part 2

Note:

Normal font- Present

Bold font- Past

....................................................................................................................................

The next day,

Khushi's day as usual began with her dropping Riya at her school and then leaving for the church for her job. The only thing that was different was no one did speak anything. All had kept their mouth shut and did their work without muttering a word.

For Khushi keeping silent was easy as she lost her voice in the devasting incident which took 2 months ago in the farmhouse.

But then others kept their mouth shut not wanting to bring another set of emotional arguments between them.

Aman had sent her the details of the charter flight which was set to depart in the evening at 4 pm. Good that he didn't do any arguments.

She knows she was very harsh with him yesterday, but it's better than his priority changes from now on. She had only that notion in her mind when she spoke those words.

How much longer can he be her shield? It should be ended because he too has his personal life. All his life cannot be spent thinking about her.

She knows how much important she is to him. She was his life after Riya. Before Riya did die, they never got along. They always were at loggerheads. But then after whatever happened, they still fought, but he always cared for her. He was there for her always as a pillar of support, for which she is very grateful.

And now the time has come to relieve him from his torment named Khushi Mathur, she thought as she did play the tunes for the day at the church.

It was almost night when the final prayer for the day was happening and she was playing the music.

Her gaze went by the known giggle of her nephew who came dressed in a beautiful white frock with her overcoat on her.

" Riya, you here ?" asked Khushi surprised to see Riya there. She did stop playing music for two minutes due to Riya.

" I came to hear your music," said Riya showing her teeth with a smile where Khushi could guess that there were some hidden reasons why she was there.

Riya and coming to hear blunt music. Impossible! she thought.

" Come sit," said Khushi pushing her to a stool where little Riya did sit down in the seat where she did look at the surroundings of the church with her scrutinizing gaze.

Khushi looked weird with Riya's gaze when she started playing her tunes.

She will definitely find out what's brewing inside her nephew's mind she thought...

Meanwhile Arnav reached California almost after 18 hours of journey, where he went to the site directly and the building was almost destroyed. It was all due to a short circuit in the store room, which led to the whole burning of the building where no one cannot do anything.

The manager of the office came and greeted him.

" Start with the insurance procedure and try to recover Cctv footage first. I need to make sure it was not deliberately done," said Arnav with a stern tone where the manager nods his head.

" Police formalities ?" asked Arnav.

" All are completed, but there are some formalities which we need to do tomorrow with your presence sir" said the manager.