"I'a get it." He mumbles.

"Thank you." I kiss his cheek.

"We finna go down there?" He asks.

"Yep." I grab my purse.

"Holdon what's yo plan?" He stops me.

"To come home with my child. One way or another." I blink a couple times.

"We gotta think of a plan that's not gone put either one of us in jail. We gotta plot this shit out." He sits down.

"Oh so y'all don't know it but before we had kids me and daddy used to go on licks together. Actually we didn't stop until I got pregnant with Cia. That was the peak of our relationship." I smile looking at him and he smiles back.

"What does that mean? What's a lick?" Cia asks confused.

"We used to rob people together. And liquor stores and shit. Sometimes we would do drive-bys. I even sold drugs for him." I say.

"What type of drugs?" Karter asks.

"Crack, cocaine, weed, meth, pills..." Kamar lists.

"And heroin." I add.

"Yea." He nods.

"Did you guys ever get in trouble?" Vaughn asks.

"Y'all don't remember but I was in prison fa ah while when y'all was little." He admits.

"What was prison like-"

"Wait- we gettin off topic, we can finish talking bout dis later. Kamar we needa figure out how we finna go about this. What we gone do if things go wrong?" I cut Kyrie off.

...

"Who is it?" Chrissy asks from the other side of the door.

The trailer front door for whatever reason doesn't have a peephole and me and Kam standing in the window blindsight just in case.

"Who issss ittttttt!?" She gets louder.

"HELLO!?" Her voice gets frustrated.

Ik she gone answer the door even if we don't announce ourselves. White people just have this innate instinct to do dumb shit like that.

"My God." She sighs, opening the door.

I push past her with Kamar right behind me. She gasps, jumping back.

"Where's my son?" I look at her.

"I-I-" She stutters.

"You-you-you what?" I stare, waiting for her to form a practical sentence.

"Oh my God-" She runs but I grab her hair.

Her shit is real so she screams in pain.

"Let my hair go before I call the police!" She shouts.

"Where is my muhafuckin son?" I repeat.

"He-he-he's not here. None of the kids are."

"Where is he?" I ask.

"Let my hair go and I'll tell you." She says.

"G'on head." Kamar locks the door.

I let her hair go and she brushes through it with her hand.

"Qbear took them all to see his mom." She sighs.

"You wanna go drive there?" Kamar asks.

"Umm, when did he leave and when will he be back?" I look back at Chrissy.