"We kind of pissed off a vampire," Keyleth answered.

"And our healer's out of commission," Vex added.

"Plus we got our asses handed to us the first time," Athena remarked as she walked to them and placed the crossbow and bolts on the table. 

"Trying to take my job?" Vex smirked.

"Only if you miss," Athena smirked back.

"Oh you two are funny," Gilmore laughed, "May I suggest the addition of something special?" With a swirl of magic, a bottle appeared before them.

"Holy Water. One of the only things truly known to stop a vampire. Well, that and direct sunlight."

"We will take all the holy water you've got," Vex moved close to him.

"You're looking at it," he said as he held it up between them.

"I'll need to grab a few more things, then," Vex sighed as she went off to another part of the store with Keyleth and Athena exploring the shop for other things. A spirit came by Gilmore, offering him a cup of tea.

"Oh! Thank you, Rodrigo. You're a gem." Satisfying its duties, the spirit flew off. "One must have a bit of company while handsome half-elves are off thwarting evil," Gimore flirted.

"I'll bet you say that to all the fugitives," Vax remarked, "You mentioned direct sunlight though?"

"Oh yes! But you need more sunlight than summer in Marquet."

"Well, that seems unlikely. By the way, I don't think I have to mention that we were never here?"

"It'll be our little secret." A loud crash drew their attention away as Keyleth had fallen down after trying to remove a toy stuck to her fingers.

"Need some help, love?" Gilmore asked. 

"I'm fine. Thanks," Keyleth nervously chuckled, "I... It's okay. I'll just stay this way. For forever," her expression saddened.

"Press the tooth of each snake at the same time dear."

"I got it," Athena said as she helped Keyleth up and remove the toy.

"Oh cool, thanks The!" Keyleth said holding up the toy before putting it back in its original spot. Vax stared off at Athena at her caring gesture. She always helped anyone in the group whenever they needed it, even though she thought she wasn't good at it. Gilmore couldn't help but notice Vax's attention toward her.

"Speaking of secrets," Gilmore drew Vax's attention back, "Have you told her how you felt yet or have we continued doing that little waiting game of yours?"

"What? I don't know what you are talking about?" Vax tried to convince but a small blush appeared on his cheeks.

"While I would love to believe that I have completely charmed that heart of yours but it seems that the other competition is winning and doesn't even know it,"

"I-I want-It's not the right--it's complicated," Vax sighed. Gilmore gave him the side-eye at his answer, prompting him to give a more detailed answer. "She has been through so much and is still getting used to everything and us. We literally just got our first home. Her first home since all the crap she has been given in life. I don't want to push her away by rushing it."

"Hmm, I see." Gilmore thought. "One day you will have to try."

Vax nodded in agreement. He looked back at her as she was reading through some books. He noticed a small amount of bruising still around her neck from Sylas' attack two nights ago.

"Gilmore, can I get a minor healing potion as well added?"

"Certainly, handsome," Gilmore snapped his fingers as a small vile appeared both him. He handed it to the half-elf who gladly pocked it. Before Gilmore could question it, Vex slammed her hands on the table.