Karuizawa Stories: Perhaps

Start from the beginning

Mina and I looked up to find Tsuki and Rachel walking from the direction of the immigration checkpoint. Rachel, the one who said those words earlier, was smirking as usual, but Tsuki looked a little shy as he slapped his sister's shoulder.

"Y–Ya..." he scolded her. Rachel chuckled.
"Go grab Mina-nee's bags, Oniichan. Go help Minsoo-oppa," she pushed him away.
"H–Hai..." Tsuki stuttered. "S–Stay here, Minari..."

He quickly rushed to join Minsoo, and I noticed that he exchanged a glance with Mina as he walked past her. Mina's cheeks blushed red in an instant, while I could clearly see from behind that Tsuki's ears were burning too. Rachel reached us and elbowed Mina playfully.

"You two are hopeless romantics..." she muttered. Mina glared at her.
"R–Rae! What was that supposed to mean?" she asked, her face getting even redder.
"I'll have to agree with Rachel on this one, Unnie," I giggled.
"Y–Ya~! Tzuyu!" she protested.

Rachel and I chuckled as Mina pouted and walked away to join Chaeyoung and Yori. Honestly, I still couldn't understand why Mina and Tsuki were not officially a couple yet up to now. It's been more than a month since those two reconnected here in Japan when Mina visited with Chaeyoung and Yori last February, and two weeks since Tsuki came to Korea.

Judging from the amount of time Mina spent in Stardust ever since Tsuki came over, everyone in Twice clearly knew that she fancied him, and from what she whispered at Ansel's grave two weeks ago, it seemed like she was open to love again, but for some reason... They still hadn't made it official. Were they even planning to do so?

"Do you think they'll ever be together?" Rachel asked me. I chuckled and sighed.
"Definitely... It's just... They're both shy," I said. Rachel groaned.
"Too shy..." she said, before shrugging, "Ah well... Maybe seeing Mina-nee in a white dress this weekend would eventually make Oniichan confess."
"Perhaps..." I smiled.

It was Thursday, March 30th, 2028. Chaeyoung and Yori's private wedding ceremony will be held this Saturday in Karuizawa, just outside of Tokyo, so all of us Twice decided to take a few days off our busy schedule to attend the ceremony together with our partners. Inspired by Jisoo and Yeoni's wedding–where Rosé, Jennie, Lisa, and Irene became Jisoo's bridesmaids and Minsoo and Sana became Yeoni's groom's people–, Chaeyoung asked all eight of us and our partners to be their bridesmaids and groomsmen, and we were delighted to accept her invitation.

Of course, over the course of these couple of weeks, a lot of things happened. The ceremony itself was almost canceled because of what happened to aespa and IU last week, right before the K-Pop World Concert. Both Chaeyoung and Yori were worried that holding a wedding ceremony after such a devastating turn of events would be considered insensitive, especially when Sana, Dahyun, Jeongyeon, Nayeon and Momo were IPG members, but Sana herself insisted that the wedding should just go according to plan. She said she needed something happy to look forward to, so eventually Chaeyoung and Yori agreed.

Hence, with all of us looking forward excitedly for the wedding this Saturday, today we arrived in Narita airport in Tokyo. Well, most of us, at least. Sana and Dahyun still had some work to do today back in Seoul, so they'd only arrive tomorrow with Jeongyeon and Seulgi. Still, I was happy to travel with the others. It felt like a big Twice family holiday, complete with our partners, even with Rachel too. Sachiko was invited as well, but Sabito told us that she needed to do a lot of tests with their parents regarding her Naevis ability, so she decided to stay in Korea.

"Tzu! Rachel! Come! We're all set!" Jihyo exclaimed.
"Nee!" Rachel and I answered.

We quickened our steps to join the others, leaving the baggage claim area and heading towards the arrival hall. It was nice to travel unannounced like this. There would be no fans waiting for us, and we could actually be ourselves for a short while. At that moment, I felt someone hugging my arm. I turned, and found Chaeyoung resting her head on my shoulder. I giggled.