𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑤𝑜

CHAPTER TWO
All These Words Are Gonna Bleed From Me

Lorelai adjusted her sleeves as she walked into the gala. Her and Director Ranford had a deal from the beginning. Whenever Lorelai would go to a gala, she'd get to wear her normal clothes (Lorelai's idea), but she'd at least curl her hair (Director Ranford's compromise).

She did her best to just look down when people stared. She detested when people cared so much about the appearance of others. There wasn't a day that went by in which Lorelai would choose fancy over comfort. She glanced around, trying to spot Tyson, Diane, and Michael.

Lorelai tried to check the ear piece to see if the director was there or not. She furrowed her brows ever so slightly when she only heard the static from both ends of communication. "Fuck." The signal was interrupted by Michael.

She avoided bumping into everyone, and went to the back. Her brows furrowed as soon as she saw a vial stand with six vials of the chemical just sitting in the slots. The coast was clear, she checked for the confirmation. But the life of a secret agent wasn't easy or simple. Just as Lorelai went to take hold of the vials, a hand reached out to twist her arm.

"Son of a bitch." Lorelai muttered, kicking her leg to hit theirs. She breathed through the sharp pain of the glass that carved into her skin.

"Myers." Diane greeted in an annoyed tone.

Lorelai hid behind the counter, trying to catch a breath. She brought her fingers up to touch her neck. When she looked at her fingers, she sighed. Blood. She was losing too much blood.

She was lucky to be alive; that's what every single damn person told her. Lorelai had cheated death so many times that it didn't want to take her. She was lucky that she didn't have anyone to sacrifice, the ones that were alive despised her entire being. That was the scariest part. In theory, Lorelai didn't have to think about her reckless self, and how it could affect those she cared about. And this time would be no different, no matter how much blood she'd lose, death would not guide her to the end.

Lorelai grabbed the gun, made sure the safety was off, and looked from behind the counter. And there they were, the trio: Diane, Michael, and Tyson. Either they were stupid, or pretending to be stupid. Either way worked for Lorelai. None of them were looking at her, but to confirm their identities, she watched as they turned ever so slightly so that their side profiles would be visible. It was kind of creepy how they moved, but she didn't feel like going down the rabbit hole of questions when she could just kill them.

She managed to get away with shooting Diane and Michael. But she knew how clever agents were, she was one of them. So, she snuck over when Tyson walked away to hell knows where. Twice, she checked for their pulses, and there was nothing. They were dead!

Quickly, Lorelai fixed the ear piece to get in contact with Director Ranford. "Agents Carle and Isak are confirmed dead."

"Very well, Agent Myers. Get the chemical, kill Tyson, doesn't matter which order, and return back to Headquarters."

"Yes, ma'am."

Lorelai saw the stand of vials again, and as she reached out to grab them, a shadow hovered over her.

Lorelai is clearly fine-

She might need therapy...

Okay, bye!