𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒

CHAPTER NINE
Cold And Sarcastic

Lorelai changed after taking a quick shower. She couldn't find the hairdryer, so she just did her best to dry it with a towel. She walked out with a black tank top, and a pair of jeans. She was freezing but her hoodie was full of dirt and it was torn to crap. Lorelai walked out of the bathroom to find Ethan taking the money out of his pocket.

Ethan was going to turn to Claire, but he looked at Lorelai for five seconds, grabbed the zip-up hoodie and handed it to her.

"You looked cold." He told her.

She went to refuse it but he gave her a look. She reluctantly put it on, glaring at him while doing so. He just grinned.

Claire looked at the two of them, waiting for an explanation from either one.

"How do you know Max, by the way?" Ethan wondered.

"You know Max?" Claire questioned.

"It was for a mission." Lorelai answered bluntly. "It's none of your business." She told him.

Claire gave Ethan a warning look, not trusting the girl one bit. The feeling was mutual, Lorelai didn't exactly trust Claire either. There was something about Claire Phelps that Lorelai didn't like. Yes, Lorelai had trust issues, but she was right about Claire.

Lorelai sat down beside where Ethan was sitting. She hated the fact that the hoodie was comfortable, and that it was recently dried at the laundromat, and it was still warm. Ethan looked at Lorelai, he knew she was tired as hell.

"Max made a deal with you?" Claire brought up, returning to the original conversation.

"I deliver the NOC list, Max delivers Job." Ethan responded, focusing purely on the laptop.

Claire placed the money on the desk. "We've got 75 rounds for your Beretta but only 20 for the SIG Sauer. One pair of Visco glasses with a monitor... plenty of passports, and..." Claire paused, seeing the stunned look on Ethan's face, "what? You said it yourself. If I'm not dead, I'm with you."

"Are you sure about this?" Ethan asked in a hushed tone.

"Jim was my husband. I want to get the son of a bitch who did this." Claire reasoned, a slight dangerous look in her eye, like she had a secret determination.

"We're gonna need some help. We don't have a lot of time, so they're gonna have to be local." Ethan explained.

"What kind of help?" Claire wondered.

Lorelai looked at the screen as Ethan typed 'Disavowed' for the category. Ethan looked at her. "Anyone you—"

"Luther Stickell. He's disavowed, and helped with a very recent mission for Eclipse. He's good with all the tech stuff." Lorelai replied.

"Alright then." Ethan wrote down the name, then he found another person.

Lorelai drank the coffee while walking through the doors. She took her seat to the left of Ethan.. Ethan leaned forward, looking at Luther, "simple game. Five players. Exfil opens the pocket. Cyber ops lifts the wallet."