Chapter Twelve - Lucinda

As Daniel and I lie side by side, thoughts run through my head. So many years have gone by now, Daniel and I have declared our love for each other numerous times. Daniel turned thirty and decided to change my state. I loved it. It felt so good, though, I can't escape the feeling that while I am here, making love to my darling, Daniel, mother and father are sending out men to come and find me and take me home - but they are not the thought that force me to contimplate going back to mother and father.

We got married in April 1906, in the Spring time - when all the flowers were out - just the two of us in a private wedding. We are bound.

I am a Vamparian Aristocrat. I am immortal. Daniel is a Prince. He is not immortal. There is no way he will ever be an immortal. I haven't told Daniel yet about my immortality. He knows nothing. He believes we'll grow old together but I am going to have to puck up the guts, and tell Daniel about my life. My immortality.

I lean over to him and rest my head on his bare, naked chest. His arm comes over and winds around my body, pulling me closer to him.

He runs a finger up and down my back, making me feel all tingly and sentimental. I stroke the side of his face. He opens his eyes.

'Daniel,' I start off, pucking up the courage.

'Yes, my Lucinda?' 

I smile. 'I have a dilemma.' 

He doesn't say anything. 

'You know how I am a Vamparian Aristocrat, well, alongside all the wealth and fame and superiorness, comes immortality.'

'What are you saying, my sweet?' He says, opening his eyes and looking at me.

'I'm saying, I am unable to die. My species has worded with death himself and bought their way past the obstical of dying,' I say. I feel Daniel tense, but no sooner had he tensed, he pushes me away from him and gets out of the bed - glad to see him wearing pants.

I bite my cheek and slide out with him. Daniel walks to the glass window and stares out of it.

'I'm sorry, Daniel I didn't chose,' I whisper. His jaw is set and clenched tight together. I risk a step closer to him, and then another one when Daniel turns around to face me with a sad, sombre expression on his beautiful face.

'I'm going to grow old... you're not going to want me when I am an old man, and you are a beautiful twenty-five year old.' He says.

'Daniel, let me make this clear. I will always be in love with you - no matter if your gray, old, young, from a different religeon, gay or straight. I will never leave you,' I say, sharply. Daniel rolls his eyes, in irritation.

'You say that now!' He shouts. 'What happens when I'm an old man and you are still twenty-five?! You will remarry and leave me in my tracks, moaning for a lost cause!' 

I take a brisk step backwards, feeling hurt. 'No! Never!' I yelp. 'Because I am in love with more than just your looks! I'm in love with your soul! Your personality! Your life!' 

Daniel looks at me in dispair, before making his way to the door.

'Where are you going?!' I run up to him, clutching his arm and trying to drag him back in. He shakes me off with one swift move.

'Get off me,' He spits. I gap and feel my eyes well up with stinging tears.

'Where are you going?!' I repeat, trying to hide my shaking voice with a strong one.

'To find work,' He says, his voice also shaking. I nod.

'Be back before dusk then,' I say, feeling annoyed. Daniel doesn't reply, he just walks away. He doesn't even tell me he loves me.

I burst into tears and collapse onto the floor, grabbing my hair and screaming, ripping the skirting of my dress. Not fifteen minutes ago, had Daniel and I had been loving each other, and wishing we'd never be apart and now he's left me alone, in a stranger town, feeling colder than ever.

I shake and lie there for hours, crying. Daniel doesn't come back. Not until really late when I'm fast asleep. I hear a noise from the other room and guessing it's Daniel, returning, I go back to sleep but when I wake up, no one else is home.

The house is just how it was left, last night before I went to bed. I lie on the bed, escaping a loud moan for Daniel, pleading for his long lost return until somehow, I manage to pull myself together enough to get out of the house.

I walk out of the house and turn down a cobblestone alley. Strange people hang back there. People watch me with careful eyes as I treck down alone.

A person with a red hood stands in front of me, not moving and I pause as I get closer. He is wearing a red cloak - Daniel's cloak. 

'Daniel?' I whisper, though my voice chokes and makes it sound like a squeak. 'Daniel?' I repeat, and reach out a hand to turn Daniel around, so he's facing me. Daniel jumps and turns around, but I fall on the floor in horror with what I see. 

The person is most definately not Daniel, but a mad man with a dirty face and missing teeth as he smiles, crazily at me. I gasp as the man walks towards me and I try to move back, on the floor.

'N-no!' I cry as he reaches a hand down to grab my wrist. I pick up my foot, and give him a huge kick in the leg, knocking him over. I stand up, quickly and I run - anywhere safer until I find myself running through a huge field and paddock. Farmers farm crops and stab at haystacks with pitchforks and knives.

 l look for Daniel through the clutters of farmers but I am unsucsessful. A few farmers whistle at me and I stare at them in disgust. I run to the edge of a forest.

Through coughs and splutters of tears, I collapse onto the rough, dirt ground and wail, not knowing where I am or what I was doing. I sit there for a while until some of the farmers come down to the forest edge and start to search around. For me.

I cover my mouth, unbelievingly as one of them, a Scott, yells out 'Oh, girly! Come out wherever yee are!' 

I look around and without any brains, I grab my hands full of dirt and start to rub it down and up my face, hoping that it would make me unrecognizable for the girl who had ran into a problem. I bite my lip from the pain, as the rough dirt pearces my skin, mixing it with my blood. My lip splits and when I feel I had self harmed myself enough, I drop the blood ridden dirt and I lie down on the ground, wailing, not caring if my salty tears entered the wounds and made it sting like hell.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I know I'm a bitch to my characters, but hey, it is set in the Victorian Times so I can say, it doesn't have a happy ending... Sozzzzles... well, I didn't know how to end it becau se my cousin had to start it with such complexity... anyhoo

If you want  a happy ending, Ill write up another story with a happy ending :)

but... One Last Song isn't finished yet >:)

Loveee Asher