"Come on!!! Leave this place! Seal your hearing and move fast! You don't want to die! Take care of the dummies!" Lan Jingyi shouted. Thank God, he took special classes with Lan Xichen with Xiao and a very specialized class under Wei Wuxian on hallucinations. So he pretty much knows how to break standard hallucinations.

Somewhat regretful, they got into the crossfire. The peak immortals has already taken their targets. This is the first time Lan Jingyi admitted how pathetic mortal cultivators are. Although the younger generation peak immortals looked overwhelmed by everything that happened, their ranks remained unperturbed than that of the mortal ranks, whose prideful sect leaders kneeled along with the younger generation. He wasn't there during the conference but news reached him that the martial Sage expected nothing from the mortals.

Jin Ling, on the other hand, slapped his men one by one until they returned to their respective selves. He had the same train of thought as Lan Jingyi. "If only Sizhui is here." Lan Sizhui is his generation's leader. Of course, everyone would listen to him rather than him and Jingyi. He muttered and draw an arrow as they fled from the brewing death fight. He aimed at the old man with weird strings that controlled the beasts attacking them, however, even before his arrow could reach, another arrow shot through his arrow. Noticing the resentful energy, in hindsight, he closed his eyes and let his instincts take over. He drew Suihua off its scabbard and attacked. Too good, Wei Wuxian thought him this technique. He can move even blindfolded during fights now. "Jin Ling!" He could hear Lan Jingyi's voice and the loud clang of his sword as if Suihua refused to attack.

Opening his eyes, Jin Ling's eyes widen at the sight of the person he could only see from portraits along with his mother.

"Suihua?" The smile the golden-robed corpse gave was a relief. "May I borrow this sword for a while... I'll give you Ji Feng." Jin Ling did not hesitate to give his sword. He still had his mother's sword and to think he'd be able to meet this person after thirty-five years, was a good moment for him. The moment he gave the Suihua, with the sound of the flute, the same figure vanished, and several shouts echoed. In no less than a minute, the whole pier was freed from the black mist.

"Jingyi!!" Jin Ling shouted. Lan Jingyi hearing the signal, tucked his Xiao on his waist weaving the same sign Jin Ling made. Dark rain clouds appeared but instead of rain—violent thunder rained all over killing every malicious beast and ghoul.

"A fine technique." A peak Immortal praised them, "totally different from the rest... May I know young master's name?"

"Lan Jingyi of GusuLan."

"Jin Rulan of LanlingJin."

The peak immortals smiled and said, "young and powerful." Since then, they agreed to try and save each other's backs. Peak immortals took their side and they took the formers back and vice versa. For once, mortals have been recognized by peak immortals, and right now, they needed to value each other.

[*****]

[Jiang Wanyin's POV]

On the other side of the battle, Jiang Wanyin took the westward. Seeing the thunder rains, he knew Jin Ling and the Lan Kid finally broke the enemy barrier. It was evidenced by the very fact that the enemies are running away.

"Stand aside." One crisp voice ordered. Jiang Wanyin's cringeworthy expression. He had been ready to reveal his strength earlier and use it as a trading chip to the peak immortals' trust but it seemed like he didn't need to do, seeing how two peak Immortals assisted him with their swords. Watching how they cooperated with him, he just needed to remain oblivious to the fact that he and they were not helpless.

Well, it's just Jiang Wanyin didn't like being bossed around. He tightened his hold over Zidian and whipped it straight forward. The peak Immortal who ordered him to stand aside let out a scowl. Satisfied, Jiang Wanyin had a smug look and said, "You okay?"