Episode 4 - Kevin 11

(Watch Opening)

Training was going smoothly for Ben as both him and Mina were doing their best to get ready for the UA Entrance Exam. The first few months passed by as Ben started getting better at using the watch, along with keeping up with his own physical strength and capabilities. Practicing with one alien form and after timing out doing typical exercises while it recharges.

It was around the fifth month as Ben is seen jogging throughout the streets wearing a green track pants and a black t-shirt. He passed by a beach which was full of trash. He thought about practicing there but he changed his mind when he saw two people were there apparently cleaning it.

He continued to jog until he reached a resting area. Sitting down as he grabbed something to eat from his backpack. As he ate, he felt someone poke his head as Ben looks up to see Mina smiling at him with her typical Ashido grin. She too was in workout clothes as she wore a dark pink t-shirt and black shorts.

Ben: Hey Pinky, how was your run?

Mina: Fine actually! I'm getting really great with mobility. How about you?

Ben: Well, only five months in and I've felt like I'm actually getting the hang of this thing. Had a few cases where I ended up getting the wrong alien... but I still made it work.

Mina stretched a bit before sitting down next to him, she watched as he activates the dial and scrolled through the silhouettes.

Ben: I figured out all the aliens and what categories they fall under in terms of power and ability. Stinkfly, Wildmutt, Ripjaws, and XLR8 are all great for rescue situations. Ghostfreak, Grey Matter, and Upgrade for stealth operations. And Heatblast, Four Arms, and Diamondhead are more suited for heavy combat.

Mina: Sounds like you've done some homework. But I don't think that those types of things are gonna be on the exam's written test.

Ben: Oh, ha ha. I'm just taking precautions. If UA's exam is supposed to be the hardest thing to do, then I'm going to make sure I can be ready for anything.

The two continue to sit as Ben watches the horizon as the sun was rising into the air.

Ben: Wanna head to the arcade?

Mina: Huh? But what about training?

Ben gets up and puts his backpack on.

Ben: C'mon. It wouldn't hurt to take a day off, especially since we put in a lot of work already.

Mina ponders about it for a minute before smiling.

Mina: Okay! But let me head home and change, I'll meet you there!

Ben: Good idea, see you then.

The two start walking in separate directions as the scene changes to show an arcade sign.