Chapter 40

Practice 3. Fastest Lap. Charles Leclerc.
Qualifying. Pole position. Charles Leclerc.

The excitement I had for the man that was about to walk into the garage any minute now was a feeling I couldn't explain. He was one step closer to taking the win for the Monaco gp and I knew that he would know that as he left the grid today, knowing he would be returning for the actual race tomorrow.

I saw his smile before anything ales as he walked into the garage, grinning from ear to ear at what he had achieved so far. Even though it was only the seventh race weekend of the season, the pressure for who was going to be the worlds driver champion was already on but the fact Charles was being able to soak up that pressure and focus on this race in particular for this moment in time, made me pray that he would win it tomorrow as nobody else wanted it more than him.

Lauren was obviously first to give him a hug and kiss as she had to make herself centre of attention somehow as she squealed and jumped up and down, making him step back a little at the random burst of energy. But, it didn't take him long to make his way over to me off his own accord and I was able to give him a hug of my own. As much as it was scary knowing people were watching what we were doing in the garage, I wasn't as uneasy as yesterday and I knew that the hug I was giving him was because I was proud, so so proud. If anyone judged us hugging then that was on them.

"C'est dans la poche, leclerc" I said to him, quietly so that only he could hear the words I had for him.

"Parce que tu es mon porte-bonheur, mon cherí," he answered me back at a similar volume. I wanted to kiss him there and then because this was one of them moments where I wanted to show him how much I cared for him and was happy to see him happy. Sadly, there were limits to what could be done in the view of others.

I thought our small moment was over but he pulled me back into a hug again, stroking the back of my hair, which nobody was able to see as my back was facing the wall where no one was stood. While hugging me he told me something else even quieter than we had been speaking in the first place. The words were 'tu es vraiment belle,' which meant 'you are really beautiful' and I felt so happy knowing I didn't tell Daniel and Pierre no to coming as I felt in my safe space right now.

Normally, I wouldn't hang around while the boys were occupied with interviews and had conferences upcoming later on but Charles was one that had them today. Before he had pulled off to his first interview, he had asked me whether I wanted to go home with him, not in a weird way but to have dinner and time with each other alone, which we hadn't had for a while. There was not hesitation to my answer being yes but I had to occupy myself until the conferences started as unfortunately for the both of us, I couldn't stand watching all of his interviews as they were all around the paddocks.

Daniel didn't have interviews but he too had to be involved with the conferences, so I had him to waste some time with but also Kelly, who was waiting for Max to be done with all of his responsibilities. Heidi would've stayed but she had to be back home to babysit for her and Daniels nephew. However, she did assure us that she would see us tomorrow at some point and we would do something before the race began like grab some food or a drink.

Our waiting consisted of walking up and down to the different hospitality areas, just for the fun of it to see the differences in motor homes if there were any. Then, we went down pit lane where engineers were still in the garages, working on the cars or going over strategies for the race and there seemed to be a few more fans down here as it was one of the opening times for anyone with a paddock pass to see the preparations for tomorrow.

It must've been an hour or more before both Max and Charles were finished with their interviews, allowing them to join me, Kelly and Daniel. The break for them lasted for about five minutes until everyone needed was finally called in for the conference, which thankfully me and Kelly were able to watch so we weren't bored for the next couple of hours or however long this was going to take.