Chapter 9: Soap

Y/n's POV

"Fucking vest!" I complained as Price walked over clipping one of the straps behind me.

"Thanks." I mumbled sitting on my bed and lacing up my boots.

"Are you going to give it to me or am I going to have to go through your bag?" I asked after tying my boot and standing.

"I don't think you want it kid. You need to move on."

I had finally remembered what I had gone into his office for. I knew he brought it with him and I wanted it back since I didn't take it the first time I had left but now that I was here I would use it. I just held out my hand as he sighed turning and looking around his bag. He found what he was looking for placing the long knife in my hand.

"You sure?" He asked.

I nodded leaning down and clipping it onto the once empty holder on my right boot. It was Chimera's knife that he had given to me as a gift. During one mission he had given it to me, I could still hear him being nervous to give it to me.

"Hey y/n?" Chimera asked from next to me.

"Yeah?"

"I have something for you." He stopped turning so his pack was facing me.

"Top pocket." He stated as I unzipped the pocket and felt the cold handle of a knife pulling it out and admiring it in the sunlight.

"Holy shit." I whispered, it was a bit longer than usual but I knew it would be helpful since my reach was a bit limited due to my size. The handle felt comfortable in my grip and the knife itself was light but sharp as a razor having never been used.

"You like it?" He asked nervously as I zipped up his backpack again.

"Yes! Where did you get this from?"

"Had it made for you, this way I can keep you safe even when I'm not with you." He smiled.

I tucked it into my vest since I didn't have anywhere to put it for now. I just leaned up placing a gentle kiss on his lips smiling as he gently pushed back. Unfortunately the moment was interrupted when Price yelled as us to stop making out and focus on the mission. The knife had saved me on many occasions once after I had to cut a rope that had gotten tangled around my wrist, once after I got tackled by a AQ fighter and the blade plunged into the man's side and another time I used it to cut a sandwich much to Chimera's protests.

"Kid!" Price yelled.

"What?" I asked looking around confused.

"You okay hermano?" Alejandro asked. We were all standing around a table with a screen in the other side of the room displaying Las Almas and the warehouse where Valeria was held up.

"Fine. Where's our vehicle?" I asked.

"Fueled up and ready to go. It's about a hour flight to the outskirts of Valeria's location." Alejandro responded.

Alejandro had provided a helicopter for Soap, Ghost and I to reach a old abandoned warehouse that Valeria had built up into a fortress. The pilot had the bird ready to go by the time we had crossed the runway and climbed in. The flight was relatively quiet as neither Soap or Ghost started a conversation, I myself kept messing with the knife that was strapped onto my ankle. Soap had clearly noticed giving me a confused look but I just stopped playing with it looking off into the distance. We began to land after the pilot informed up it wasn't safe to go any further since the enemy might have rockets that could shoot us down. I jumped down landing firmly on my feet gun raised checking the surrounding tress and bushes.

"Clear. Pilot head back to base!" I called out as the helicopter took off and flew into the distance.

"What's the plan?" Soap asked as we started walking up the mountain.