Chapter 8: Return to Las Almas

Soap's POV

Warning: Suggestive Themes Ahead!

The flight left our base as the sun was just beginning to go down covering the sky in a light pink orange glow. We had decided to take only one transport since Alejandro's base was still being repaired after the showdown with Graves and Shadow Company a month ago. I couldn't keep my excitement down since I was happy to be able to see both Alejandro and Rudy again. Y/n's squad was spread out in the transport with Reyes and Gaz chatting about nonsense while König and Nova were passed out on each other both snoring up a storm. Y/n himself was sitting next to Price who was getting angry with some tablet that Kate had given us before we left, it truly looked like some father son shit with Price red in the face after his finger failed to work and y/n's face covered by his hands after failing to explain it for the ninth time.

Simon hadn't said much during the flight, so far only glancing between me and y/n who was now trying to wrestle the tablet out of Price's hands before he smashed it. I could feel Simon tug at my sleeve and turned to see what was bothering him, to my confusion he just nodded towards y/n and Price. I had completely forgotten that I had asked Simon to talk to the new captain first because my stupid self couldn't handle talking to him in a long conversation.

"How did it go Lt.?" I asked nervously.

"Fine."

"And?" I wanted a better answer than that.

"He's scared. You'll need to talk to him about that but he isn't opposed either."

I hadn't really thought about that. I was the type of person to fall easily and apparently Simon was too. Y/n seemed like a great person and leader, while we were getting things ready leave he was making sure everything was being loaded. The whole process went by fast thanks to y/n keeping track of everything and Kate overseeing the schedule for landing in Las Almas. Alejandro had been informed of     y/n's squad and was eager to meet the captain after getting to hear about his relationship with Kate and Price.

"I'm nervous Simon." I sighed quickly looking over to y/n.

"I think he's more nervous than you are Johnny." Simon replied rolling his eyes.

"What do I even say?"

"You could hit him with a door again and that would start a conversation." Simon snored.

"Away n' bile yer heid!"

"English Johnny." Simon groaned.

"Go fuck yourself, I told him I was sorry."

"Just be yourself Johnny."

I could do that maybe...maybe not. I had a reputation of high energy in the squad and y/n didn't seem to share that in common. None of Apex did, Reyes and Nova were both pretty relaxed with König only getting excited once he had taken an interest into something. According to Simon I apparently was "okay to have around" but I knew he cared more than he said, often times standing close by or on the way up to the compound in Norway he held me close so I wouldn't freeze one night. I wondered if y/n would be okay with me or if he was only interested in Simon. I shook the thought out of my head as I gently leaned against Ghost.

"Get some rest Johnny." Ghost whispered.

"Thanks Lt."

I was shaken awake by the plane landing on the runway and Simon's vest hitting my in the forehead. Everyone else was checking their gear as y/n and Price stood making their way closer to the ramp as the plane rolled around. I leaned off Ghost as y/n walked past and I couldn't help but blush seeing him in his uniform. He was wearing a uniform similar to what Graves had worn just without the Shadow Company logo. His pants were tucked into his black boots with the right one having a extra knife holder that was empty along with multiple other smaller throwing knives tucking into a strap that ran across his chest, his windbreaker and vest had red lines along them for added color and his gold highlights danced in the wind as the ramp lowered.