I didn't wait for too long for a taxi to arrive since there was no one waiting except for me. I took my earphones from my bag and plugged in, listening to music while looking out of the window. I wrapped my cardigan tighter around my body, sighing when I realized that the air conditioning is in full blast.

I looked at the driver and frowned when I noticed that he was just wearing his uniform without a jacket. How can he stay in this car without getting cold? And here I am, a shivering mess because of this weather. I tried to sniffle my sniff, but my nose won't let me. I took a glance at the driver and saw that he was already looking at me.

"Are you cold, miss? Would you like me to adjust the AC?" He asked while looking at me through the rear-view mirror. I smiled and gave him a small nod.

"Yes, please. Thank you." I said and he immediately adjusted the temperature. It's still cold but it's manageable. The driver was smiling a little while moving his head with the beat. He's already old, you can tell it by the wrinkles contouring his face but there's still warmth in his eyes, especially when he smiled at me.

I paid the driver and got out of the taxi. I started walking on the sidewalk, watching people walk, talking with their friends, and just having fun. You can't really tell if a person is having a hard time just by his or her physical appearance. A single smile can hide thousands of wounds and I think it's one of the strengths and at the same time, weaknesses of people.

It's warmer here and I internally smiled, knowing that I don't have to suffer from the intense cold. I made my way towards a restaurant I really love. Every step screams familiarity as I walked inside a small family restaurant. My grandparents brought me here every weekend and the food made me fall in love with this place.

I was instantly greeted by the heavenly smell of dishes. I smiled and sat in a booth near the window facing the streets. It's just a small restaurant but they make the best soups out there. And since, I'm sensitive to the cold weather, my grandparents always brought me here to have some soup and they make the best Pasta e Fagioli.

Deep down, I know that I'm not just coming back for the food but also because of the memories. Me and my grandparents love eating here and coming back, it brings back a lot of memories. Memories I want to cherish and never forget. Memories with them are the only good memories I have.

I finished the Pasta e Fagioli and blueberry cheesecake half an hour later and decided to go to a flower shop nearby. It's getting late already, and I don't want to walk in the forest late at night. Ralph's warnings keep on ringing in my head. Even though I find peace in the forest, I can't help but feel scared to be in the dark.

As I stepped inside, the sweet scent of flowers wafted toward me. Rows of flowers are positioned on different tables. They vary in color, shape, and size, but one common thing about them is their magnificent beauty. Flowers give me comfort, and it reminds me of my grandma who taught me everything I know about flowers.

I picked the flowers I needed and paid at the counter. I smiled at the young girl as she wrapped my order with beige craft paper and a loop tie. Despite her young features, her graceful and precise movements show her knowledge and experience. I paid for the flowers and stepped out of the shop.

I involuntarily shivered as the chilly air hits my face. Wrapping my cardigan tighter around my body, I contemplated taking the shortcut alley as it is already late, and I am shivering from the cold. Throwing away all my concerns, I walked towards the corner of the street, entering a dark, cold alley.

Goosebumps covered my arms and the tiny hairs on my neck stood up. Walking down a dark, cold alleyway is never a good idea to begin with, but now, I'm fully regretting my decision as my footsteps against the dirty and wet concrete ground resonated. I just started walking faster to reach the main highway faster.