Prologue: Moonlight Shines, The Time Has Come

Start from the beginning

"Soon, my sweet little mate."

...

Six months ago

Letting out a thundering roar, I slammed my fist against the wooden table, destroying it in half. My beast demands to get out, but I put out a barrier between us, blocking him away. I felt my canines extend as I grip what was left with the table. Growling at my beta, I tried my best to control myself because I don't want to hurt him but the fucker was really pushing his luck by stopping me from going to my mate.

"Get the hell out of my face, Valrus." I slowly said. Each word is drawn slowly, threatening my beta. I clenched my hands, fighting for control over my beast. If I don't control him, I'm sure Valrus won't be able to go home without any injuries.

"Alpha, please calm down. You're not in full control right now. I'm afraid your beast will take over and lose control. You might mark Luna if you see her now." He raised his arms above his head just to show me that he doesn't mean any harm. He's not a threat. Even though I know he's just being reasonable, I can't help the growl that left my lips. My hands shook against my side knowing that Valrus is right. I'm not in full control right now.

The moon is on full display outside my window. My beast tried to take over me again, but I shut him down once again. The full moon is affecting my beast and it's messing up my mind completely. The need of marking my mate hit me in full force and I wasn't ready at all. All I want to do is to have my beautiful mate in my arms, where she rightfully belongs. But it's not the right time. Letting out a deep and tired sigh, I slumped back on my chair and ran my fingers through my hair.

"Fine, you win this time." I scowled at his grin before flashing him my middle finger, growling when he just laughed it off. He took a seat on the sofa and started twirling his phone between his fingers while looking at me with his annoying smirk.

"You know, I never imagined that I'll be seeing you like this." I narrowed my eyes at him as he tilted his head to the side. This fucker really keeps getting on my nerves with his words. He constantly makes me question my decision on why I chose him as my beta.

"Like what?" I asked while glaring at him. He better says something good, or I'll punch that annoying smirk he's wearing. He casually shrugged his shoulders and leaned back against the leather sofa.

"Fucking whipped." He gave me a full-ass smirk as if he actually revealed the greatest discovery of all time. I felt my jaw tick from his words, my hands itching to punch him but I can't. Because he's right. And that pisses me off.

"Fuck off. Contact Dr. Waldire and ask him for another dose." I said while pinching the bridge of my nose, feeling an incoming headache. Valrus gave me a pointed look and shook his head. I just rolled my eyes in response.

"Again? This is the third time this week. I'm pretty sure you're trying to kill yourself." I gritted my teeth when I heard his reprimanding voice. I don't need a fucking scolding. I'm not a child anymore and I know what I'm doing.

"Just fucking do it." I said through gritted teeth and closed my eyes. Leaning back on my chair, I heard Valrus sigh, knowing well that I won't be swayed by any means. Ever since I met my mate, taking a dosage of wolfsbane became more frequent. And it's all because of my beast. It gets harder every day, not being able to mark our mate. Staying in control wasn't an issue in the past but now, it became one of the hardest things to do.

"By the way, it seems like your mate got a job at a cafe. It was Alcander who saw her." He said while typing something on his phone. I hummed in response. I'll just send some guards to watch over her. But why would she need a job? Is money an issue for her? The moment she's by my side, I'll make sure to shower her with gifts and get her everything she wants. Imagining her being pampered by me brought a grin to my face.