Prologue: Moonlight Shines, The Time Has Come

Start from the beginning

Sniffing the air, I wasn't ready when an intoxicating scent met my senses. The scent of fresh roses wafted my nose as I inhaled deeply. I can't get enough of this particular scent mixed with a hint of vanilla. My body became active as well as my beast as my senses were filled with a sweet smell. Wanting to ease the sudden need to impale my canine, I swiped my tongue against my teeth repeatedly.

With calculated movements, I immediately stalked the path to find the origin of the intoxicating scent. I made sure not to produce any sound, fearing that it might scare it away. The branches swayed back and forth, producing an airy feeling around me. The scent became stronger as I near the big and old willow tree with branches serving as an umbrella.

I felt my heart skip a beat when my eyes landed on a figure resting under the big tree. My breath hitched when the dusk light shined perfectly over the figure, her blonde hair producing a thousand shades of gold. Her golden hair draped down softly against her shoulders and back, flowing like waves. Steaks of brown littered her hair which complemented her small pale face.

One pair of arched eyebrows partnered her velvety eyelashes. Eyelashes that are so long and thick that they cast shadows over her cheeks. Her enticing, ocean-blue eyes with specks of dark green gaze over the book she's holding. Her eyes twinkle with satisfaction as it scan the pages of the book gripped by a pair of small hands yet with smooth and slender fingers.

A baby blue dress covers her delicate and petite body, but it doesn't hide her well-sculpted body, with a small waist paired with wide hips. My fingers itched, wanting to wrap my arms around her body. I watched her pull her pale long legs against her chest, revealing her smooth skin. I don't need to touch her skin to know that it would feel soft and smooth. My breath hitched and I clenched my hands when a gentle smile tore upon her red plump lips.

Fuck.

I stood there, not knowing what to do and just staring at her. She looks so beautiful. Fuck it! Beautiful is not even enough to describe her. She looks so ethereal. So perfect. I can't help but scan her over and over again. My hands shook as my beast clawed inside of me, wanting to get out and touch her snowy skin. The more I look at her, the faster my heart beats. Every single part of my body was filled with tingles.

Mate.

My beast growled inside of me as my breath hitched. No. This can't be possible. I don't deserve a mate. I've accepted it already but fate is playing a new game and I'm not the only main character in it. All these years, I've lived thinking that I will be alone forever. No chance of having a mate. No chance of building a family. And no chance of loving someone and being loved. And yet, there she is. So perfect.

I am a sinful man. Full of sins. Everything about her scream's innocence, completely opposite to my evilness. But the moment I laid my eyes on her, I knew that she'll be the light to my darkness. She's perfect for me. She's too perfect for me but I don't care. She's mine the same way I'm hers. I'm a man with no weakness yet I'm willing to risk it all just for her. I'll be damned if I let her go.

A hard pull crept into my stomach. My feet wanted to go near her. My senses are ready to be filled with her sweet intoxicating scent. I felt my hands twitch, demanding to caress her snowy pale skin. My lips can't wait to kiss her, every inch of her. Just imagining how sweet she'll taste made me lick my own lips. I bet she'll taste as sweet as honey. And I can't wait to love her. But as much as I want to do all those things, I can't. She looks too young. Too innocent and fragile.

My beast growled inside of me, baring his canine, ready to mark his mate. I responded with a growl of my own. I have to wait. A year. I'll give my little mate a year. That's all I'm giving. And I hope she's ready for me by that time because I know I won't be able to control myself any longer.